Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What about Horse Racing Sims ?

Options
  • 06-03-2003 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭

Has anyone every come across any for the PC ?

I got a lend of a game years ago for my Amstrad CPC464 (Crap Comp.) called Classic Racing which was very very basic but in fairness to it it was quite entertaining .

I've kept my eyes open since hoping that someone would release something up to date along these lines but have only come across an American company , RadishWorks that make something about horse racing .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

More likely to find the answer here under Games as theres higher traffic on this board, moved :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

No, but I was in Oakwood and I was playing in the arcades on one of those kick-ass horse riding machines with a big plastic horse you mount in front of the screen. You have to shift your body weight on it just like a jockey would on a real horse.. You look like a complete an utter ****wit of course :)

It was 2 player head to head too, It's pretty fun whipping your plastic horse on its plastic ass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Here's the American crowd's web site :

http://www.radishworks.com/HorseRacing.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

There was a game released late summer last year, but it was a horse racing management sim. It was said to be a pretty basic resource management game along the lines of F1 GP Manager.

Don't know the name of it, sorry.

I don't think you'll find a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Wow PS2 Racing sim at http://www.tecmoinc.com/store/gr03.asp
    Probably US only but it looks fun.

Also there is this download of Horse Racing Manager for the PC - should be a link to buy it also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Originally posted by Swifty
    No, but I was in Oakwood and I was playing in the arcades on one of those kick-ass horse riding machines with a big plastic horse you mount in front of the screen. You have to shift your body weight on it just like a jockey would on a real horse.. You look like a complete an utter ****wit of course :)

It was 2 player head to head too, It's pretty fun whipping your plastic horse on its plastic ass :D

There's nothing quiet like dry humping a big lump of plastic that's shaped into a farm animal.

Chances of getting a decent horse riding sim is something along the lines of Fifa releasing Hurling 2004, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

theres a shareware game called 'Home Stretch' ...

it allows you to put bets on horses etc...
    but if you register ;) to get the full game and you can buy horses... etc...

Home Stretch

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Fifa releasing Hurling 2004

it would be EA releasing GAA Hurling League 2004 - GAA Hurling Championship 2004 - GAA Hurling Relagation Playoffs 2004 - so on and so forth...

GOD DAMN I WANT A GAA GAME.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

That home stretch game is great fun.
    After 6 races I've doubled my money. Hopefully this is a good indicator of how my bets will go at Cheltenham. :)

Advertisement