Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A fair poll - Which browser do you dislike most?

Options
  • 06-03-2003 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

What browser do you refuse to use, be it from usability issues to site layout/standards problems.

OK, the options were supposed to be:
    IE4
    IE5
    IE6
    NS4
    NS6
    NS7
    MOZ1
    OPERA
    OTHER

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

Definetly NS4. It's a real pain in the arse.

Maybe a mod will stick the poll in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Netscape. It's been a hoor of a browser since early in version four. I'm using NetCaptor at the moment and it's the tits.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Internet Explorer, in any form. God, if that browser resizes my pictures one more time ...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Sarky
    Internet Explorer, in any form. God, if that browser resizes my pictures one more time ...:mad:

You can ask it not to :)

Yah, Netscape 4 seriously sucks ass. UCD still have netscape 4.0 as the 'official' browser :rolleyes:. If I'm ever forced to use it, I point myself straight at mozilla.org for some downloady goodness :). Netscape 6 was an improvement and 7.0 is even better, but I prefer using mozilla now, even though they're almost the same.
    Opera is a tiny bit too unstable for me, but maybe it's just the comps I'm running it on.

When on linux I run galeon cos it's fast :)

IE is ok, and tends to be the only one compatible with everything, but I hate that it's so tied into the OS. One error can bring the whole system crashing down, or if one IE window crashes, it closes them all :mad: very irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

IE or Mozilla 1.2.1 under Windows, sometimes Opera. Under Linux I'd run mostly Opera or Galeon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

BTW, Mozilla 1.2.1 is my browser/email suite of choice. I hate IE for its security issues and the way some progs use it as their "own" inbuilt browser.

Could lolth turn this into a poll please?

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Originally posted by Sarky
    ... you'll turn of image resizing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I hated Netscape 6, it was really buggy, and annoying for off line testing.

Happy with Mozilla 1.2.1 now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SuburbanDreamer

I don't like Netscape browsers, especially the awful Netscape 6, I never could get it to work properly!

Now I use Opera - it's fantastic, fast, although it has crashed once or twice, it renders even quite complex sites (think k10k.net) very well.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

Probably IE - just for its OS tie in properties. Also - its not actualy that fast.
    best at the mo is opera - even with its instabilities its the bee's knees

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

cant transfer the posts into a poll. you should have done that when you posted first. what i will do is make it a sticky for a few days. if it is still alive and healthy, i'll extend the period of stickiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

NS4 is a pain. IE can be annoying if you don't tweak the settings.
    Opera is fine on both windoze and linux.
    It was so much simpler when there was only mosaic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Netscape is a complete disaster, I hate it.

I'd choose IE for it's sheer handyness. The only PC's I'd ever come in contact with are Windows machines, and IE is always there as a result...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i must give these opera and mozilla browsers at try, using IE 6 at the moment, had NS 7 installed for a bit but there was java issues. can't get online in linux due to my winmodem not being supported pity i would probably actually use linux then.

Advertisement