Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Formula 1??

• 06-03-2003 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

will the technology of f1 digital used(ie interactive screens) be available free this time or will we just have the normal coverage on itv and rte???

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I believe it will just be normal coverage as Bernie Ecclestone has scrapped the whole interactive aspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I think that now we may get to see some advancements on the coverage that we have seen over the last few years as before Digital F1 started up a few years ago (it only made it to Sky for the last year) the regular broadcasters were adding new technology themselves. At the Germany Grand Prix last year has a moving camera that shot down the straight at speeds similar to the cars and it looked cool.

I also remember years ago that the Japanese Grand Prix coverage had graphics on the in-car cameras. It showed speed, revs and gear information. It was amazing to see how fast the engine accelerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by ShaneOC
    It was amazing to see how fast the engine accelerated.

0 - 200mph in 10 seconds 200 - 0mph in 2 seconds

F1 cars braking ability is much more impressive.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭mike2084

I read in The Guardian last Monday that the F1 Interactive was available to any channel that wanted it this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

kimi raikonnen's car had a rear view camera today in qualifying
    l;ooks pretty cool, but i dont really see the point when there is no other car on the track. its best use would probs be when overtaking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Michael Walsh
    I read in The Guardian last Monday that the F1 Interactive was available to any channel that wanted it this season.

Im watching on Premiere World which was the pioneer of multiple angle coverage.
    Interactive features are all gone as Bernie scrapped it completely.

Advertisement