Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AS400 emulator

• 06-03-2003 8:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

does anyone know of an AS400 emulator that is any good??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

would that be an as400 Terminal emulator then?

never heard of an as400 emulator

what terminal, 5250?

EPCDIC an issue is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Trying to emulate AS/400 hardware on a PC would be like emulating a Playstation 2 on a Sinclair Spectrum. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

well i just wanted to be able to get used of client access and get more pratice with coding in RPG.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Deu

There is an emulator for the rpg stuff but that is all it does. There was no emulator for the as/400 hardware, when I had a search around the web about 6months ago.

I had a look in google groups and there was aload of questions like yours. The emulator for the rpg stuff is called baby something or other have a look on google and you should be able to find it but it is not free.

also

ozpass said:
    Trying to emulate AS/400 hardware on a PC would be like emulating a Playstation 2 on a Sinclair Spectrum.

I use OS/390 in work and that is much more high end and complete different to a PC than an AS/400, but I found an emualtor for it called hercules. I was also able to set it up and do stuff like what I do in work. The only problem is that IBM will only let people use s/w that is 10-20 years old as all the recent s/w still needs a license

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

thanx,ill have a look for that .pity there isnt an emulator for an AS400.Ill just have 2 ask santa for an AS400 all to my elf for christmas

• Advertisement
Advertisement