Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Remember the Friend??????

• 07-03-2003 3:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys remember my post

More Girls Thread. Is there no end?

where I basically said that I didnt know whether to get together with my best friend/ pop tart mate.
    So we gave it ago. Fair enough nowadays most girls come with a rep, this one was no exception. So I decided not to jump in too deep. Five days later I had no money to go into town. She went out with her ex ( a good friend of mine) where he stayed in her house till 9 the next morning. Also another friend who was there ( there were 4 in total, at Tivoli) told me that they were together before they went home together. She says that nothing happened. Simply its been a colorful week.

Moral Of the Story kids, dont ruin your friendships unless you know that you are 100 percent suited!!!!

Peace Out
    Grimes

(ps) thanks for all the relpys to that post.
    Originally posted by PiE

Opposites attract but it can be a volatile mix.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Live and learn, buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

What a bitch. Sounds like your better off without her anyway - both as a partner and as a friend imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Were they "ON" anything in the Tivoli?

That could explain a lot if they were, you can do stupid things when your on a buzz...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Irish_Ranger_IR
    Were they "ON" anything in the Tivoli?

That could explain a lot if they were, you can do stupid things when your on a buzz...

People still have the common sense not to do the dirt buzzing or not.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

He's hardly a mate either if he'd go off with your GirlFriend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

sh!t one man.
    you should go get drunk, works for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

We were together again. Woops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by Grimes
    We were together again. Woops.

Now the thing to do, is take home her best frined (preferably your ex-girlfriend) and let it be know, said girl stayed in your house all night.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting you don't have sex with the girl when you take her back to your house, but, allow some ambituity to filter through to your friends..... and above all .... deny everything.

This way you have counter ammunition :
    1. You can say to your friends that just like your current pop-tart did, you and your ex are just friends and she was just staying over.

2. When your ex starts saying she slept with you, you can accuse her of being a bioler bunny and score points for being a wanted man.

You can't loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by xx
    Live and learn, buddy.

that may be the case, but i would not advise painting every person you meet with the same brush. otherwise you will end up a lonely old man :)

it sounds like a case of someone who doesnt know where they are at, and what they are doing, so they are just going with the flow. either that or someone who like sexual activity a lot. not a problem there either, as long as all the activity is with you! but obviously not the case. a lot of guys do it. in fact, young people the world over do. circumstances and whatnot let people think they have the right to do the dirt on their partner.
    now, far be it from me to say what is right and what is wong, but if you want someone in a monogomous relationship, you will just have to find the person, but i suspect you have a lot of growing to do as well, so i would just say go with the flow. dont sweat it much and enjoy yourself.
    someday you will wake up and you will feel different and then you will want a person with you for the rest of your life. and then you will dump them for someone else :)

theres no moral, just that shít happens. some people go off with other people, and some dont. depends on the person. just not all people are alike, so dont worry.

or you could be like typie and go and shag your ex :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

sorry i have to butt in and say..........

apart from the denial of being with the ex- whats wrong? I dont remember you saying that ye were a couple

So I decided not to jump in too deep.

if i got off with a one girl this week and happened to get off with my ex- again the next week, i wound expect anyone to have a problem with it......why should they.......my fukking choice....

having that said i dont know the full story, ye may have been getting close before this happened....and i wouldnt have lied about being with my ex........just my two cents......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

PLay it by ear maybe you might end up together yet maybe not.

Ask yourself is it worth getting hurt over and how hurt would you be ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

How long were you going out for?
    Five days later I had no money to go into town.

if it was a case that yee were only together for a week, then its really nothing you should worry about, it seems to be a silly rule with alot of people that you can be "seeing somebody" but not actually dating, which is really a paradox, cause they either want you or they dont.
    Dont worry about it though, like WWM said, you lie and you learn, its just another experience in the whole ****ed up deal called life.

if you still like the girl and want to spend ime with her, then cast aside what others are telling you, you will figure it out yourself if she is indeed cheating on you, or did, but more often than not it could have been a mix up.

also another thing to remember, dont trust what everyone says, I've learned that rule all to often this year, some people i had known fr 6 months and had the best laugh with and thought they were someone i could trust turned out to be the complete opposite. Alot of guys can be jealous of someone relationship with others, to the degree that they can exagerate and falsafy the situation while still leaving the hazzy truth about it.

at the end of the day it up to you, if u want her then give it another go, take her word for it, if its not then yee can still remain friends, only you'll not be trusting her as much.

gah, waffle waflle, sorry, im tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Typedef
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting you don't have sex with the girl when you take her back to your house, but, allow some ambituity to filter through to your friends..... and above all .... deny everything.
    Ah, never believe anything till it's been officially denied. Could add in a little pause before "erm, nothing happened". Then do a little shy grin. Then insist that nothing happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

"This _isn't_ what it seems".

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

but on the basis of him having been good/best m8s with her b4 does that not kinda leave you automatically in a deeper "relationship" than 5 days would suggest, reputation or not...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by uberwolf
    but on the basis of him having been good/best m8s with her b4 does that not kinda leave you automatically in a deeper "relationship" than 5 days would suggest, reputation or not...

no........not in that sense, well not in ,my opinion anyway if you casually get off with someone thats all it is until its taken further by both involved................

Advertisement