Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic-Liverpool on five and Network 2

• 07-03-2003 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

five have won the battle to show the 1st leg of the EUFA cup 1/4 final between Celtic and Liverpool, on Thursday next.

The return leg (the following Thursday) at Anfield will be shown on BBC1, and presumable Network 2.

There will be a lot of annoyed people if they cannot access next week's game on five!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

do rte not have rights to celtic matches anyway? or is that only league/cup matches?

if they dont, i cant think of a better excuse to go to the pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

As five is not available in Ireland (tee hee.....)surely that opens the door for TV3 or even TG4 to get the rights for the first game .

Surely a game of this importance for which the rights must be available should be shown here?? of have I missed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭redabbey

This is a disaster. I e-mailed rte sport this morning but have not had a reply yet. sport@rte.ie It is not listed for transmission in the RTE guide either.

5 have also got the TV rights for the CIS Cup final between Rangers and Celtic as well.

Anybody know of any pubs in the northwest that have 5 available!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

Hmm.. I checked yesterday and BBC1 were scheduled to show MOTD from 8-10, but just heard that ch5 have it. Checked BBC schedules again, and they've rescheduled some other program in its place now. So I guess we dependent on tg4 or Net2 showing it.

Just got an e-mail from RTE. N2 will be showing both legs LIVE Phew Relief!

• Advertisement

Just got an e-mail from RTE. N2 too show both legs LIVE:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cupthehand

Originally posted by redabbey
    This is a disaster. I e-mailed rte sport this morning but have not had a reply yet. sport@rte.ie It is not listed for transmission in the RTE guide either.

5 have also got the TV rights for the CIS Cup final between Rangers and Celtic as well.

Anybody know of any pubs in the northwest that have 5 available!
    Am hello EVERYONE can access Channel 5's live football......
    EDTV 11642 V :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Celtic v Liverpool on N2
    Yeah Great, but why post on ICDG\Satellite?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Bad crossposting. Bad. You knew the thread on Celtic Liverpool on five was already there, and proceded to open a new one. Tsk.

As five is effectively a Satellite-only channel in the RoI, available only on FTV cards, it stays here.

I don't understand the fuss about this crossposting. I am a Liverpool fan and was very worried that this match was only going to be shown on 5 and only available to FTV ROI cardholders.

As of tonight 00:50 AM the fact that this match is going to be shown on N2 is still not on the Sky programming guide. Neither has it featured in the weekend Tv bulletins or on the RTE guide. Therefore it is news that other satellite viewer's may want to hear.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by cupthehand
    Am hello EVERYONE can access Channel 5's live football......
    EDTV 11642 V :D

Is that only on FTV?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

i think edtv is free-to-air!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Originally posted by redabbey
    I don't understand the fuss about this crossposting. I am a Liverpool fan and was very worried that this match was only going to be shown on 5 and only available to FTV ROI cardholders.

As of tonight 00:50 AM the fact that this match is going to be shown on N2 is still not on the Sky programming guide. Neither has it featured in the weekend Tv bulletins or on the RTE guide. Therefore it is news that other satellite viewer's may want to hear.

I'm not deying that it is news. Just the fact that you opened a new thread on the subject, moments after you posted in the existing open thread. I would have amended the thread name anyway to reflect the new situation.

Rest assured, details of the broadcast will be all over RTÉ news bulletins on radio and TV all day Thursday.

Advertisement