Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Master of Orion 3

Options
  • 07-03-2003 10:11am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any one else thinking of getting this? This is due out today (07/03), after a fair bit of development schedule delay.
    I interested in this because I enjoyed I & II. Heard it was as complex gameplay as previous realeases but graphically poor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

My advice to you, having got this game on import from the US last Monday, is do NOT buy it in it's current state. Check out the forums at www.moo3.com, the general discussion forum.

The graphics, though poor, are not this game's problem - it's the brain-dead AI. It's unable to mass a proper invasion fleet or invade your planets. In fact I played my first two games on Impossible difficulty and won with ease - then tried an experiment mentioned on the forums - I set difficulty to Impossible, set AI to colonize automatically, then pressed the Turn button and did nothing else.

End result? I won by Orion Senate vote on turn 238 - sad to say this game can literally play itself. The annoying thing is there is a good game in there, but the atrocious interface and pathetic AI kills it atm. Hell the AI in MOO1 knew how to invade and capture your planets, and that was ten years ago.

Wait for a patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

pfew, good thing i didnt bought the game yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Got the game at the start of this week, (hah suckers enjoy yer european release dates) and haven't really got a chance to play it. But twosheds is right the graphics are pants but the game layout itself looks pretty decent. Can't comment on the AI yet as I've only played like 10 turns on easy but it didn't seem like deep blue was lurking behide there.

Advertisement