Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny repair South Africa

Options
  • 07-03-2003 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

Did ye hear of Kilkenny's appeal to help raise funds for South Africa? Pub quizzes etc. It's great to see them compensating for all the damage they *didn't* when they *didn't* participate in those poolside romps on their recent holiday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

There is nothing quite like a good poolside romp. Very entertaining. Fair dues to DJ and the boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

whats the point in having a poolside if your not going to have a romp...whats the point in saying poolside if your not going to use romp/orgy directly after it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

wats the point in having a pool, if there isnt goin to be an orgy or nakedness?:P

Both Peter Barry and Michael Kavanagh were appalled at the condtitions the youngsters in the cape town ghettos were living and credit where due they are setting about raising money for the kids. Meant to be two sound blokes as you'd talk to. Same can be said for Andy Comerford.

jausys there are plenty of youngersters in Kilkenny in the same condition. living in dreadful conditions. Did you know some of these childers think the only TV stations are RTE 1, NET 2 a fuzzy TV 3 and TG4....poor lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revelate

i'm surprised at you tipp..a premier man with a social consicence? what's the world coming to?? the county board might have sold out by accepting money from an incineration company, promoting an eternity of ill-health and even more darkness...but just when i think all hope is lost, you come along...hehehe (",)

Originally posted by revelate
    i'm surprised at you tipp..a premier man with a social consicence? what's the world coming to?? the county board might have sold out by accepting money from an incineration company, promoting an eternity of ill-health and even more darkness...but just when i think all hope is lost, you come along...hehehe (",)

to sort of clarify, i have had a long debate about the matter of Enfer with my friend and he is solely convinced Enfer Scientific are the company responsible for the incinerator whereas i am not convinced and i think they are simply just a group of scientific labratories who set about researching agricultural diseases such as BSE, Foot & Mouth, etc. people have added 2+ 2 and come up with 5 i think there. i could imagine if they were there would have been uproar in the Tipp Star and Nationalist respectively if that had been the case but i have yet to see a media link with enfer being the culprit.

well, you're partly right. enfer have a scientific arm which does the research you mentioned. however, they're owned by the company that builds and runs the incinerators. tis a great arrangement in a way..the incinerators can do all the damage, then enfer can run the tests and see just how much damage was done.

[going totaly off topic] dublin beat waterford and kilkenny this year so far [/off topic]

I have nothing to say

and so the dubs' brief passionate fling with the shtick sport ends. twas great fun while ye were winning (all 2 games) but an ignominious end at the hands of the laois men.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by revelate
    and so the dubs' brief passionate fling with the shtick sport ends. twas great fun while ye were winning (all 2 games) but an ignominious end at the hands of the laois men.

Now in fairness you yourself mentioned about the grown Waterford men crying in pairc ui chaoimh on that fateful Sunday back last June when the Decie won their first in all of 40 years + accused me of being a bitter tipp person.

well bitter wateford girl it looks as if you have some sour grapes yourself, and cant stand the fact that the great waterford team were beaten by the same minnows two years in a row.

dublin lost to laois because they are in the same boat.
    they are both trying to make a name for themselves in hurling and promote the game in their respective counties. a win against waterford and the cats could mean a big thing for the mertopoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

It is also one win more than Waterford have managed against the cats. Anyway now we have Nicky English aboard things are looking bright for the longterm future. For onc Dublin hurling fans can smile about the current situation.

bitter, moi? noooo... I don't know why you keep trying to attribute that characteristic to me. I am very very disappointed with Waterford's form of late, especially the loss to Dublin and the difficulty we had in disposing of Laois' challenge. However, I also subscribe to the cliché "Form is temporary, class is permanent". When it counts later on in the year Ken McGrath, Eoin Kelly et alia will show their true class. As I've already said, Dublin also beat us in last year's NHL and look how the year turned out. So congrats to the dubs on a narrow win and we'll appraise the situation later on in the year when the important games have been played!

ITs true ya know, Ive found more and more people talking about hurling, The U16 team in my club has 35 hurlers now and the club are being asked to set up a Junior team.

i think Dublin would make the perfect hurling county .
    the kids already walk around with sticks in their hands, why not use hurlys instead ?

Advertisement