Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And the award for best cringe factor goes to...

Options
  • 07-03-2003 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭

Anyone catsc SIX at the meteor awards the other night? Ahhhhhhhhhh..............
    I didnt know whether to laugh or feel sorry for the gobsheens.

And what about all the teenyboppers in the crowd......... expecting a poptastic performance from six.....
    instead they got a terrible rendidion of a sooped up, techno beaten 'after the goldrush'.

Great gag by the presenter after they sang when he said 'what an ironic song title!'

other than that, i thought the awards were pretty good. Great performance from the thrills.

Oh, and i cant sign off without mentioning the errr king of pop tom jones and his rendition of 'Black Betty'..........

wo oh black betty, bam, balam..................

yikes!!!!!!!!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

i cried when they defiled 'after the goldrush'
    of all the songs to cover, how does that make a techno/disco pop tune ?
    listen to the f'n lyrics
    :mad: :(:(:(:( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

None of the above should be a surprise as I doubt anyone in Six had even heard After the Goldrush until they sung it. Neil who?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

Did anybody else think that Alabama 3,who do the sopranos theme tune,did one of the worst live performances ever?They sounded drunk.
    I thought it was a little strange that when the dead guy(Chris Mick or something I think he was called)recieved the award it wasnt actually explained until he had come up that he had actually died.I was wondering what the family were talking about saying he was performing with Elvis before I realised.
    As for Six I switched channels as soon as they came on.........

Advertisement