Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TmpGenc vcd help

Options
  • 07-03-2003 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has come across the following error message when using tmpgenc to convert an avi to mpeg for vcd use???

"write error occured at address 77fcb9b1 of module 'ntdll.dll' with 0000000000. "

I've reinstalled tmpgenc and scanned the avi file but it found no errors??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

...the most likely problem here is not with TMPGEnc itself, but with it's hooks into Media Player or whatever it uses to decode the video stream. You might have to recompress the video and/or audio streams to fix this problem - I suggest you get familiar with virtualdub and HuffYUV (lossless video codec -> big files, but the output will exactly match the input visually) and then try running the output through TMPGEnc again.

Actually, try TMPGEnc again, encoding only the audio or video streams at one time (not together - to do this, delete whatever's specified in the "Audio Source" or "Video Source" text boxes as appropriate before you start the encoder) to see which is causing the problem. If I were a betting man, I'd put money on the video (actually, have you got the most recent DivX/XVid codec? Do you know which codec this video file uses exactly? Find out - something like GSpot will help - and go and get the latest version of that codec. Then try again, before you do anything drastic (and time-consuming) like the re-encode I described in the previous paragraph.)

Hope this helps,
    Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

thanks for getting back to me gadget. I was already using gspot and virtual dub so the problem was'nt there. I've since reformatted the pc and everything is running fine now so I suggest it could have been either a windows or media player problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Erm, reformatting your hard disk is a little more than what I had in mind when I said "drastic", but never mind - as long as it works now :D

Gadget

Advertisement