Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neil young Vicar st.

• 07-03-2003 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to this???

anyone got an idea how to guarantee a ticket, cos theres only 900 going on sale and there gonna go in a matter of minutes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Me bollox i am at 105 euro... and its just so painful cos I bloody love Neil Young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

I know, but it's a rare oppurtunity to see him acoustic in an intimate venue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

it's gonna hurt giving all that money to ticketmaster but neil's a GOD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i would usually take this moment to point and laugh and go ha ha ha ha ha but it's in the middle of my exams so i probably wont get to see it anyway.

kali-it's neil young. you HAVE to go. even if you have to work on te streets to cover the expenses :)

jesus i've been trying since just before 9 o'clock, site was as slow as ****.. tried both of the first two shows, kept getting different error messages :confused: then they added a third, and some error arose, but my ticket "may still be reserved"
    now i think they're all gone in about 10 minutes
    aghhhhh :mad:

• Advertisement

got thru on the phone and he would'nt sell me a ticket or let me stay on the line. I hung up rang straight back and it was engaged. The site was slow as mud, the first two seemed to go in 5 mins. I kept refreshing and finally got in just as the third date went on sale got 3rd row seats :D:D:D

all the same, that was pure luck, there has to be a fairer was of getting the tickets to the fans, how many of those tickets were bought this morning just to sell on and make a profit??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Megadude

No one's worth 105 euro. F u c k o f f to that. If people keep paying anything the organisers want, the whole live concert thing will become unaffordable. We are living beyond our means already people. Ireland is on the brink of economic collapse. And we deserve it. Our government is a like a huge filthy Pig, sucking the life (and money) out of everybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

Our government is a like a huge filthy Pig, sucking the life (and money) out of everybody.

i don't reckon bertie and co. are responsible for setting these ticket prices.

anyway,
    i went onto the website from home, got 2 tickets for sunday (my da and sister are going), then i got 2 tickets for the tuesday night. i'm just gonna sell those 2, i have exams around that date and can't afford the time to go.
    how much do you reckon i'll get for the pair?

i'm just gonna sell those 2, i have exams around that date and can't afford the time to go.

......and thats why the real fans can't get tickets. Why did you get them if you knew you could'nt go. Now your hoping to exploit someone who genuinely wants to go. :mad: :confused:

stop moaning.

• Advertisement

please don't make the mistake of telling me what to do.

why not? are you gonna come down from your moral high horse and teach me a lesson about manners?

if needs be.

great, show down at noon tomorrow. i'll bring the tickets and you can gun me down like a dog and take them. then distribute them as you like among the 'true' fans.

right so, where do you want this showdown???

your mothers house?? cos that would be convienient for me considering I'll be there already

are you the cleaner?

if it make it easier for you to accept, then yes

sorry, do you prefer hygiene technician?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Megadude

Originally posted by the celtic tiger
    sorry, do you prefer hygiene technician?

Down with this guy! Of course the filthy government is responsible for ticket prices. They're responsible for the price of everything in Ireland being ridiculously high for such a s h i t t y little underplanned kip. Fool!

supply and demand people, it has nothing to do with the government, it's totally up to the vicar street management

"celtic tiger" ya greedy ba$tardo, i'd buy them for face value no more :)

• Advertisement

i AM greedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pencapchew

I'll give you €2 for BOTH tickets............don't bust my balls and accept this rather generous offer.

how's work fuc|< muncher?

phew....just back from celtic tigers moms house, and boy am I exhausted

**** you all, ticketmaster rang, one of my booking attempts got through (their fault)
    i'm there
    :D

mmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by parasite
    supply and demand people, it has nothing to do with the government, it's totally up to the vicar street management

i don't think so

it's up to the promoter andf neil young himself....i believe...aiken's the promoter. i really dont think it has anything to do with vicar st.

but it certainly has nothing to do with the government.

Folks heres some sample prices... Neil Youngs taking the piss.

Berlin 71.70 / 84.50 / 93.30 Euro €
    Stuttgart: 102,10 / 90,90 / 85,30 / 68,40 / 57,20 Euro €
    Norway: range from €123 - €154.77

Oh and while I'm at it..
    the France gig: 128.00 Eur, 93.50 Eur or 59.00 Eur.

I'd say a lot of those venues would be the equivalent of the Point.
    Vicar St. pricing looks quite decent in comparison (I'd much prefer a more intimate venue).

• Advertisement
Advertisement