Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Work in New York!

• 07-03-2003 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone could help me or at least point me in the right direction. I am planning on travelling to New York in the Autumn to work but I cant find any work. I have a Diploma in Computing. I have tried numerous websites and I even phoned companies, but no luck. Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Thanx...:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but its pretty bleak.

Most sectors in US (NY especially) are still in post-911 slump and this means that the jobs for your level that are out there pay near minimum wage.

My friends were out there last year and were coding webscripts for something like 6 dollars an hour.

Add the recession that the war is going to envoke and you would most likely be better off trying a bar or waitressing job (where tips can equal your paypack).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Best bet is to go over there and get a job .. as most places aren't interested in dealing with foreigners

are you looking for sponsership?
    if so it will be very hard to get it from Ireland, as most recuruitment firms wont look at ya if you are looking fo rit (as it takes a few months)

Advertisement