Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DivX 5.0.2 Bundle Pop up

Options
  • 07-03-2003 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know how to remove the annoying pop up box that has been plaguing me since installing the DivX player and CoDecs, prompting me to upgrade?
    The Quicktime one I can live with as it just comes up once when you run the program, but this!!!!! Without opening the DivX player it appears over Windows Media Player over and over again.
    To really rub salt in the wounds there is no uninstaller and add/remove programs can't remove it either. I'd rather avoid having to do a system restore if I can.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

Try Google it! I've had this problem too and i ended up downloading a small uninstaller program off the net. Don't have it still sorry, but i know it's out there...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You can upgrade to DivX 5.03, and be sure to install the no-frills, no gimmicks version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

You're dead right Pickarooney! It occurred to me that I never saw the pop up on my laptop and when I checked it WAS 5.0.3. So I installed that and Presto Chango, no pop up.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

For those that don't want to download DivX player again (and who are confident in doing this kind of thing), all you have to do is delete the program gain_trickler_3202 from the DivX Pro Codec folder. You might have to close it in task manager first, though.

Advertisement