Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Grant

• 07-03-2003 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭

Gimme it!!! I want it...NOW!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

:) <---Hands over the fees!

What are they this year...do we have to pay the €670 Reg +€1024 for the course? they shuld be paying us!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Snowball

Question. is anyone else still waiting for their grant to come through?? I am

Cant get the bloomin grant coz mums too good at her job!
    GRrrrr at the stupid system!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by kegan5
    Cant get the bloomin grant coz mums too good at her job!
    GRrrrr at the stupid system!

I know the feeling. I'm being punished cos by parents work hard?

Wow, there goes all my ambitions. I'll just sit back never do any real work and give my kids the easy life.

Ivan

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

Snowball u have got the grant by now.... ring the fu**ers up

`

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The grants system sucks

There were people getting the grant whos parents could also afford to give them 50-80 euro every week all because there parents were builders,farmers or worked for themselves,
    Not saying everybody whos parents worked for themselves or all builders farmers etc but the system in place is terrible,and they never had to work

Not sure what it currently stands at something on the lines of earning less then 22k to qualify for the grant I believe,If people were earning less then that with a family they would literally be living on the breadline,

And then people who had to work their way thru college have their income added on to that too which could cause them to go over the limit and not qualify its a really unfair and unjust system.

The fund that you can get from student services is brilliant and the best help the college could offer still colleges shouldnt have to have to help people out like this very often the grant should do it,

stay at home get the dole get paid for doin nothin,dont decide want an eduacation and want to go to college and the state gives u nothin,

Fas courses seem like the only viable option for a lot of people,

I agree... lets go on a march

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i think if ur from Tallaght u should automatically qualify for the grant!!

Nah- it depends on whether your from the Tallaghtban area or the Posh parts..."Ahem the Posh parts" ha ha!

Anyway and to add to that anyone from Kilna.... shouldn't get it I mean that estate is the biggest in Europe and they even held the Olympics!!!

Wow!!!:p

shuttup ya sarcky cow!

let it go.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Kate time to illaborate on that one!

i ll explain.

i live in a big part of tallaght. a few YEARS ago it held the community games which she thought i called the olympics.

she was bored that day...apparently.

The End.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭mada999

I know the feeling. I'm being punished cos by parents work hard? FROM IVAN

My aul lass works her fúcking ass off and I get the grant she just doesn't get paid as much as yours . . . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Originally posted by Snowball
    Question. is anyone else still waiting for their grant to come through?? I am

Indeed. Join the queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭lulu

what ever about the grant that top-up grant was a joke.

Im a single parent and i was deemed over the limit as i still fall under my parents income as i live at home and both of them are on pensions!!

lulu

Advertisement