Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using ScriptWorx and ServerWorx...

Options
  • 07-03-2003 8:00pm

Hey all,
    Sorry, I'm not sure if this goes into programming or web development (if there is a thread for that), so move it if it's not appropriate.

I just was wondering if anyone out there has setup this program and got it to work?

I'm trying to run the Serverworx thing but all it does it pop up a window and have a menu with start and stop on it. It doesn't seem to do anything when I click start, and everyone's saying it's a great thing...would be great if the f**king thing did something.

I though that it would run automatically from ScriptWorx or something but I can't seem to find a connection between the two.
    I'm sure it's something stupid and basic but there's just nothing to say that the two work together.

How does one use the Server worx thing?
    Thanks for any help all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

ServerWorx is a minimal Web Server which runs on your machine when you start it. That's all. You hit start, it runs, and doesn't give you any feeback.

Start it up, and point you browser at http://127.0.0.1/ and the test page will come up. You can also tell it in the settings, which directory to use as the directory where you'll keep your html documents.

It's not very good, in my experience, except for standard web documents. If you want to write pages in php/asp/etc, I'd recommend you download apache, and the relevant modules for scripts :)

Advertisement