Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New thread or board on software?

Options
  • 07-03-2003 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have been surfing these boards for a while now and I am impressed by the helpful attitude of members and general usefulness of the posts. I'm fairly new to all of this, so I've learned a lot, especially on the Ireland Off Line board.

I think there could be space for a board or thread where individuals recommend software they have found useful or enteraining.

It's not that easy to find out about great programs or software other than the packages most advertised or promoted. I know there are download sites where software is rated, these are good. It would give an Irish perspective on whats available, and it's more useful to read other's opinions than just see 1 star or 5 stars.

Also if considering the purchase/download of an application it's handy to be able to search a local, friendly, reliable board for what others may think of it before purchase.

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Or just change this boards name to Apps ,it kinda covers everything and include recomendo posts.

kdjac

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Oracle, I don't think it would necessitate a forum, but if you'd like to kick it off here I'd be happy to create a Sticky out of the content.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

MP3 Ripper and CD Ripper (does everything)
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

Best software i ever downloaded.
    Its FREE and it goes into the shell and becomes part of right mouse click menu.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Oracle - an excellent idea. Dahamsta can we make this a sticky ?

I would recommend tag tools which is a rpogramme for naming/renaming MP3 files. I would also recommend window washer which wipes all your caches/cookies/slack file space ect. Can be set to run on boot/shutdown and is good for reclaiming space. I imagine most of you are using download accelerator which is an excellent download manager. I would also recommend clone cd which is excellent for backing up 1 to 1 copies of CD's.

Advertisement