Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a CD Ripper ?

Options
  • 07-03-2003 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I'm on the look out for a free cd ripper (to cheap to buy one :) )

The rippers i have downloaded are all trail versions, usualy get to rip maybe 2/3 cds and thats it.

Does any one one know any good sites.

The one i'm using right now is called Easy CD Ripper, seems ok. I don't know much about this stuff but it allows you to name each track before you rip it to mp3 format which is hand. Looking for a free ripper like that.

I did looked at some old posts about cd rippers but some of the ones mentioned you had to buy.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

If it's just for Music: CDex

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Agreed!

CDex is the best I've come across. URL from the help screen on it is http://cdexos.sourceforge.net.

If you are just doing a search for it do NOT get one called CDextractor ( I think the company is Rosoft). It is a pig to use.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Just after using CDex and must agree that it is very good.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

DB poweramp is a cracker.....it adds itself to the right click menu so all you have to do is right click the cd/song and it comes up with a menu to convert to mp3/wav

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

i used to used CDex and CDnGO (both from download.com) in tandem. both really good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

altough not as small as cdex et al,
    musicmatch, works great for me (the basic version is free)

I was getting speeds of ripping speeds of 32x (on a 52x reader)

Advertisement