Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaahhhhhh help!!! my machine won't but up completely

• 07-03-2003 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hay ho my machine using win XP Home edition is acting in a most upsetting way it boots to the starting windows XP screen and
    after a few seconds the screen goes blank and I have to turn off the machine get it to boot again (ctrl alt del does not work)
    it will go into safe mode which leads me to believe that a
    something is doing the damage when Win Xp trys to run it as part of the loading process but I have not been able to figure it out any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DAFUB

Sombody help me!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

1) Virus ?

2) Remove non essential PCI Cards (all of them) and see does it boot up if it does...... one by one put them back in and install the drivers for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

run it in safe mode, restore it to your last good config.If you cant do this re install winxp [do it in a new directory]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

hi there :) is there any activity from the hard drive when the screen goes blank? have u updated any drivers or anything, possibly ur display adapter? If so make sure theres no conflicts when going into safe mode.
    Try using the "Last Known Good Configuration" in the menu when u press F8. It maybe a graphics problem perhaps

Do what the Ruu and irishguy said first, that might solve it with less fustration

• Advertisement

well it showed the times exactly the same 22:51 :), can we get seconds on it? who was first, we wont know hehe, only joking around. good luck with fixing the problem Dafub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 DAFUB

Yaaaaaaarggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!...........i changed around my pci cards it and now every thing is fine! :) thanks for the help!

The weight of the world is off your back.

Ruu, I'd say irishguy got there first by a nose!! (Getting into that cheltenham spirit)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i got there first its posted in time order, but alas my soloution was not the one that fixed it

can someone get a photo finish on that? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement