Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*warning* $ky are a miserable shower of chancers

• 07-03-2003 9:22pm

My Brother cancelled his $ky subscription completely from Christmas.
    $ky pleaded with him to change his mind, but eventually switched him off and wrote to him thanking him for his custom.

One evening during January he noticed service was restored.
    This was unasked for, and couldn't have been asked for by anyone else.
    He rang them immediately to cut off the service, and with the typical (in)famous effeciency of their telephone assistants, he was told that his card/account was inactive and that he shouldn't have a service.

Pictures were ended again.

My brother then received, a demand for €130:eek: which he duly ignored.
    He has now received a threatening letter from a debt collection agency, saying that unless payment is received within 5 working days, the debt will be registered with the credit bureau and that this may affect his credit rating.

My Brother has brought this letter into his solicitor and a very nasty letter is now on the way to that debt colection agency and to $ky.
    A copy of the letter from $ky confirming the cancelation of service is enclosed in the solicitors communication.

Now just to add to my justified Rant about this....
    When, currency fluctuations cause prices of goods in the shops to go up, it follows that price reductions should happen when the flow is the other way.
    This should also apply to $ky...
    But oh no....., not in a million years.
    The Euro is now over 68p sterling.
    Our current subscription was set when the Euro was 62p sterling!
    Doing the Maths, and you'll see $ky are not passing on the monthly benefits of hundreds of thousands of pounds sterling.
    Now I know that things on the currency front could go the other way, but I'll bet my bottom dollar, that if they did, $ky would be rising their subs to compensate.
    mm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i got similar letters after i got Sky Digital and my analogue subscription was ended. i rang them and they confirmed it was an error and then they kept sending them. after about 3 months it turned out that the letter was supposed to go to one of my neighbours who has the same 2nd name as myself. then they bombarded him and it was also a mistake. he was compensated for distress or something similar and what did i get. nothing. typical :mad:

as for Sky changing the subscription charges with significant changes in currency prices. that has made me laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I have had no problem turning Sky off and on with phone call several times.

I guess sometimes their system is wrong.

It could be worse, we could be with Chorus MMDS ....

I'm cancelling again when "All Creatures..." on UK Gold finishes.

Advertisement