Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 07-03-2003 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Happening a lot more lately i post on any baord and am taken to the post but mine isnt there.
    I hit refresh it appears i go to another website come back and see new replies to my post and when i click on it they not there i hit refresh a few times they appear.

Trivial but subscribed threads are pointless if when you go them there isnt a new post and it feels like your under moderation and every post is checked before submitting.

Also got my 1st PM pop up other day 1st time in a year and i have it enabled since then ,havent got anymore tho have got PMs.

kdjac
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, the posts thing is something between you and us caching the page. Try a SHIFT + F5 to see if that clears it...

Can you take any proxy information out of your options and see if that helps?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://homepage.eircom.net/~abyrne/Pics/boards.jpg

This is what i get a better way to show the problem, when i open boards i get the main page but look at the time.
    I hit refresh and the right time with correct posts comes up on the main page.
    I see a star on GAMES i go to games i see the posts from the 16.45 time not the 18.27 so i hit refresh again then i click on the new Deus Ex post but i dont see the new post i see the post from 16.45 i hit refresh again and it pops up.

Its get worse i have a logitech keyboard with boards as a shortcut and it makes me login in every time but if i go direct to the forum page (the big list ) im auto logged in.

This is the only website im having trouble with we use VB on ours and when up its fine.

:confused:

kdjac

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

can you confirm

OS
    Browser (and version)
    Internet proxy settings... this is something local to you or we'd have a riot on our hands... its just a case of working out what it is.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Win Xp Pro
    IE6 with every update.

http://webcache.eircom.net

Using DSL.

Happens every time :(

kdjac

Advertisement