Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband ?

Options
  • 07-03-2003 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is in wrong forum.

Just curious if anyone is using the service ? Could they tell me if its any good.

Is there any delay ?

The internet is used here for the following

- Downloads
    - Video / Voice Confrence
    - Gaming
    - Telnet
    - Chat (IRC, Messenger etc.)

Can anyone tell me if they will be affected by some sort of delay or something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

Since 'discovering' IBB last autumn I've been waiting for them to roll out more masts (especially in Dublin 15).
    I met with them (the MD and main tech guy) and they have a very clear business plan and strategy for rollout of their service.

The big challenge for them is mast location - I hear that they have finally agreed a site in Dublin 15 but it could be another couple of months before it is up and running.

Some folks here experienced difficulty in getting their LOS test to happen on the day booked; others experienced long delays in getting service installed ; a number of people failed LOS test (one colleague failed because of a tree in front of his house :mad: )

In the past week we've seen additional coverage maps from IBB on their site however it should be noted that these have been the only additions to their coverage since summer 2002.

I expect it's going to be at least another year before they are truly "rolled out" in the greater Dublin area. Between now and then it'll be a matter of luck as to whether you can 1. receive their signal and 2. get their service installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

if by delay you mean network latency then you shouldn't have any problems with IBB. I get latencies on them that are a bit worse than isdn and a good bit better than eircom adsl.

Won't be as fast as a leased line connect, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper,
    Greg

Advertisement