Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Houllier is after irish internationals finnan and duff..

• 08-03-2003 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

'HOULLIER WANTS FINNAN AND DUFF’
    Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier will spend big in the summer to recruit Fulham right-back Steve Finnan and Blackburn winger Damien Duff, says the Daily Express. The Irish defender’s arrival is likely to spell the end of Jamie Carragher’s first-team run, while the possible arrival of Duff will obviously be welcomed by fans desperate for Liverpool to play with some style.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If I had a euro for every player who's been mentioned in the same breath as Liverpool...! (esp. Duff!)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

The Irish defender’s arrival is likely to spell the end of Jamie Carragher’s first-team run,

hardly....Riise will push to LM with Jamie @ LB.

Btw Mike, just what WOULD you do with all those Euro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Buy Duff and give him to Liverpool, naturally :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

This is more rumour and or gossip! I wouldnt believe anything at this stage of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by Kaimera
    Btw Mike, just what WOULD you do with all those Euro?

I'd buy Robert Pires (what do you mean he's happy at Arsenal?)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Apparently Joe Cole was spotted at the Bolton game over the weekend. Rumour has it he could be signing in the Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

yeah duff would be a good buy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I reckon if West Ham get relegated this season (and it's looking likely at the moment) then Joe Cole will leave the club. If he wants to fight for his place on the England team he has a better chance in the premiership. And so far the only club linked is Liverpool. But then again it's all rumours.

I'd love to see Duff on the wing for Liverpool but I'm not sure will it happen. I'd say a safer bet is Harry Kewell coming in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

duff will be a good buy for liverpool but would he go with bigger teams also looking for him???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I am not trying to start a flame war here but I think Gerard Houllier would be very bad for Duffs career and I would hate to see him playing for a team managed by Houllier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Liverpool can keep the greasy mitts of Finnan.

He is Fulham's most consistant performer, and we have Al Fayed's money so we have no need to sell players.

Duff would be a good buy for the club but I could see him getting bogged down playing Houllier's defensive based game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Anyway latest speculation from English press say that Harry Kewell has turned down a 5 year deal with Leeds worth 50,000K a week. If he hints that he will hold out for a bosman transfer in 2004 I'd say Leeds will offload him. Strongest link so far has been with Liverpool but Utd are supposed to be interested to. He would set Liverpool back a bit but they'll have the money from the Berger transfer to spend as well.

Advertisement