Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**** Buddies?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

why dont you do it with her a few times and then regret it / see if its a good thing or not?

/typical male comment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Jeebus saint, you know some fúcked up women.

Yip. This particular girl was always ****ed up and I was the only one who didnt realise it until I broke up with her then she went ****ing psycho and kept calling me telling me I ruined her life and that she hated me and then the next day telling me she loved me and wanted to try again. She got her whole family to hate me by lying her ass off (which cosequently she did all along with everyone she knew) too which was a shame coz I got on better with them than I did with her. Thankfully all of her friends and my friends knew she was a compulsive lier so it worked out quite well. I never knew some women could be like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

i know a lot of women who get like that, they can go fukking nuts alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Not unusual to find such extreme emotional responses in people. Of course, on the upside, they can make for some great entertainment:

Old Chinese proverb - "Fragile objects dropped from great heights make interesting noises" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Do it until it gets boring or she starts getting attached and then, tell her you have become gay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Yeah, that'll do miracles for her self confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Originally posted by The Saint
    Yeah, that'll do miracles for her self confidence.

If she's only a f*ck buddy, then why care?

To hell with telling her you're gay! Tell her you have syphilis. She won't be back in a hurry, I tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Stanley_kubrick

Thats nasty.
    Hhehehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

was watchin a programme bout this on e4 last night, quite an interesting topic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

that's what you were talking about polarbelly?! i'm so slow. anyway, i think i'd be scared to get a **** buddy. and i think im about to get one ;). i guess you'll never know how you'll feel until after it. i don't think it's a good idea to do it with someone you ahve a history with though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

There is no such thing as sex with no strings (emotional) attached. Eventually, one party or the other invariably wants something more or better.

Bollox. Plain and simple. Maybe, just maybe, in your experience..but don't generalise.

My only qualm about this particular situation is that there is a previous tie bwetween the two parties which could make it more complicated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Bollox.

In your opinion, but, don't force your tunnel vision down on me man.... set my people free.

I just pose the porposition that when you have sex with someone one or another party (presumably both) parties become emotionally involved, eventually.

Certainly between men and women, I don't subscribe to the notion of sex buddies, for women, I don't particularly think that is the way intimate relationships work.

Men can be a little more crass in that regard, quite obviously, but my point (in the heterosexual sense) is that for women anyway, I don't really think the idea of a sex buddy is a valid proposition for most women, because, lets face it, women like romance and affection and about the last thing having sex for the sake of sex is, is romantic or affectionate, for a woman.

It's just sex.

Originally posted by Typedef
    Men can be a little more crass in that regard
    You really need to get out more Typey... :rolleyes:

Bah tell it to the masses.

Typedef : Thinks it's pretty conservative to think that 'everbody' is an unreformed hedonist. Typedef, for example is well reformed at this stage.

And no-body can prove otherwise....
    I've made sure of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Damn right. Silk scarves are better though.. and no friction burns either!

I don't do sex, without strings*

*emotional....

go on... take that bait

Well that's the thing.

There is no bait... but, you know, loaded threads like this can sometimes bring all sorts out of the woodwork.... who find innuendo in everyday objects and phrases.

Thus, conversation becomes impossible... due to paranoid people looking for bait, where there is none.

I reckon it's something to do with the Oedipus complex*

*honest.

Originally posted by Typedef
    And no-body can prove otherwise....
    I've made sure of it.
    Touch of the Geoffrey Dahmer here, methinks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Originally posted by tman
    give her a quick rodgering & then tell the dumb broad to stop watching sex & the city.

You are a Genius !!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Irish_Ranger_IR

Originally posted by sisob
    Personally I wouldn't bother because I don't thing sex is really worth it without love.

ROFL..................

Your a lucky sod, give her one for the boards..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

I really just dont get this f**k buddy stuff, sounds like alot more hassle than its worth, I don't get why people make these sort of arrangements. If you like to sleep around then do that but why give it a crass term? Its bizarre to me. I met this group of people once at a party-none of which I liked -incredibly superficial people. They played this thing called "the game" where they would f**k each other and f**k each others head up on purpose.. all centered around sex. It all a load of B*llox if you ask me. People make such a big deal out of sex. Just go with the flow. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Mate this has "walk away" written all over it.

In my experience there are very few women who can actually handle the idea of a ****-buddy. When a woman says she wants no-strings sex she really means she wants a no-strings relationship which is not the same thing. She wants the emotional satisfaction from having a consistent person in her bed with the freedom of saying she is not in a relationship. At this age and in this society it is very easy to confuse sex for emotion (considering sex chemically causes emotions, especially in women). Once she realises that you aren't actually giving her any emotion and that you actually don't want her, she is probably going to feel used and pissed off.

Another point, and one that is NEVER raised, is that there is an STD epidemic in this country at the moment. STD infection rates have literally skyrocketed in the last few years, especially in young people (16-25). In the current climate it is probably not a very good idea to be sleeping with multiple partners on a regular basis (who are in turn sleeping around themselves).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by Irish_Ranger_IR

quote:

Originally posted by sisob
    Personally I wouldn't bother because I don't thing sex is really worth it without love.

ROFL..................

Your a lucky sod, give her one for the boards..............

Well considering she's on boards and probably has read that...

*rolleyes*
    how come guys slag other guys when they're not into random sex?

It shows a rather childish and arrogant attitude.

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Originally posted by smiles
    Well considering she's on boards and probably has read that...

<< Fio >>

Do you know something that I don't, how did you figure that out. Unless of course that the partner is thedrowner in which case...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Or maybe you made the offer to the lad..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Seperate your d**k from your emotions. People you f**k don't have to control your life because you f**ked them. She's knows what to expect, and if she goes beyond what is on the table, tell her to f**k off. And if she can't deal with it, and starts bad mouthing you, she's pretty stupid considering it's a pretty slutty thing to do in the first place and you have all the ammo you need. Just my opinion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    Do you know something that I don't, how did you figure that out. Unless of course that the partner is thedrowner in which case...

no, she's not. And yes, i do know more than you do. ;P

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yup it's not me. i was making a joke at polarbelly :)

Advertisement