Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**** Buddies?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

the s*** would really hit the fan if you got her pregnant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭evie

Isn't this all a bit out of Hollywood??
    Here's the reality check, Girls are very emotionally charged. I would think that it would be highly unlikely for you (Buddy 1) to come out of this unscathed. I don't think there is, was, or ever will be sex with no strings attatched
    Remember girls intrinsically are not as crass as males, no matter how much they front, underneath it, women are more emotionally fragile then men.
    This is just so true, but I'm only speaking from my perspective. Maybe this is what she really wants, maybe you'll do the deed and both head off in separate ways. But, (and there always is one) nothing is ever perfect. Sorry to go all girly but you should tlk to her, make it clear what you want and let her make it clear about what she wants. Once the boundries are set, you're away on a tack! Then you should, hopefully, avoid complications. Just keep in mind the emotional thing. Guys haven't got much emotional attatchment when it comes to matters of the sexual nature, girls do. Keep it in mind!

Good luck!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Originally posted by evie
    I don't think there is, was, or ever will be sex with no strings attatched
    Trust me, there can be and is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Originally posted by Giblet
    Seperate your d**k from your emotions. People you f**k don't have to control your life because you f**ked them. She's knows what to expect, and if she goes beyond what is on the table, tell her to f**k off. And if she can't deal with it, and starts bad mouthing you, she's pretty stupid considering it's a pretty slutty thing to do in the first place and you have all the ammo you need. Just my opinion...

Haha, thats it exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by evie
    Isn't this all a bit out of Hollywood??
    Here's the reality check, Girls are very emotionally charged. I would think that it would be highly unlikely for you (Buddy 1) to come out of this unscathed. I don't think there is, was, or ever will be sex with no strings attatched

[....]

Guys haven't got much emotional attatchment when it comes to matters of the sexual nature, girls do. Keep it in mind!

And with one post evie sets Women's lib back months on boards.ie :P

Ah now, this isn't out of Hollywood, and yes it does happen, I actually think I know more cases (from mates, etc.) where just messing about with a lad, no strings attached has led to attachments on his side rather than theirs.

In the last couple of years women have been a lot more aware of the possibilities open to them, and society hasnt been quite as... harsh? upon them, the old story of her being the slut and him being the stud is gradually fading.

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

What is so liberated about having sex without strings?

Seems pretty repressive to me actually, that the modern world has ground you down so much, that all you expect from a relationship is sex... with no intimacy, in fact, such a proposition seems quite repressed, like peer pressure to be a stud, gone mad.

Since when it is a gender issue, remember the Catholic church has been drumming the same jaundiced vision of relationships into 'both' sexes for years.

I think, it's pretty sexist to suppose that women are not in fact more emotional then men on the premis that it would be un-politically correct to suggest otherwise.

Name one female mass murder (bar Winnie Mandela), now name any number of male mass murderers (Saddam Hussein, Pol Pot, Stalin, Slobodan Milosevic and so on), thus proving that men are more likely to be crass and immaterial, by several orders of magnitude. It doesn't mean women earn less then me, it doesn't mean men can't have first rights to a child in a relationship, it doesn't mean women can't do maths... it doesn't imply anything to do with women's lib whatever, what it is, is a fact, that women are more likely to me emotional and less likely to be crass and devoid of emotion then men, that is a physological fact and no amount of righteously indignant political correctness, negates this fact.

In my opinion, anyway.... o great cake... don't beat me.... *

*Please note : All men are bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by The Corinthian
    Trust me, there can be and is.
    BTW, can we borrow your little black book / personal organiser? I presume you use a star system? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭evie

And with one post evie sets Women's lib back months on boards.ie :P

Intersting! I don't see how I set it back though. I know that (and not to go all old fogey) these days, it's supposed to be more liberating for women to do just as men do, but just because men can do this with less emotional attatchment than women, doesn't mean women should have to be able to do the same.
    it doesn't imply anything to do with women's lib whatever, what it is, is a fact, that women are more likely to me emotional and less likely to be crass and devoid of emotion then men, that is a physological fact and no amount of righteously indignant political correctness, negates this fact.

This is very true! There is a huge amount of pressure on society to implement equal rights and I think that's great, I for one feel the benefits of that! However, sometimes, equality can get too politically correct. Women are not the same as men in many aspects. It has been proven that men have less emotional attatchment when it comes to sex. I think it's something to do with hormones and areas of the brain, but don't quote me. Some men do have a little more of an attatchment, and that's great, unusual but great. I'm not saying that this lack of emotion is wrong, it's just the way males are built!
    Love is completely different from sex, they are associated with each other but are not mutually exclusive. Men and women are capable of love. Both are capable of sex. Women tend to be more emotionally attatched when it comes to sex, not all women, but most of them.

I'm not denying the fact that this happens, I have heard it happening to aqquaintances. And good luck to them, if that's what they want to do. It wouldn't be my cup of tea but there you go!

:)

Advertisement