Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's your favouritest phantasm DJ?

Options
  • 08-03-2003 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

My vote goes to sinister pete on this. He always place a nice collection of old skool rock in his set which lilts the heart of old-before-their-time hippy's such as myself.

One thing I miss from doing the Gigsmart club in Papa Lazarous (the gigs are still on btw!) is that we never got to play Burn by deep purple and indeed poison by Alice Cooper, the latter of which is something pete can and does purvey at a nice point in the evening.

Anywayz Respect to pete for pepperin the favs with the olde rock bohemoths!

Who's your most rockin groovin disc spinner?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

There's a no-brainer. Sinister Pete by a mile. The others never, ever surprise me, which Sinister does now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

well my favourite dj's are gone, mr. mike morrow and mr connor mc queen!!

the only ones i really listen to are pete reed and steve conway. i think i prefer pete's show, simply because i'm around when it's on and im not for steve's!!!! they're both great though.

i suspect if i listened to pearl's show that would be my fave. when's it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

it's oddly thrilling waiting to see if drowner will re-read the subject line and correct her mistake with some sly post-editing, or will some cruel person reply to the thread before she gets a chance and ridicule her.

oops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

um ... how did she misread the subject title?

anyway, pearl is on from 11 o'clock to one, and her show is my favourite. i like the way her voice is easy on the ear so early in the morning (unlike that other dj graham-o). i also really like the guy on friday, cathal is it? and the guy who's on at 9 on friday. i don't know his name though, but he's pretty funny.

that's my two cents anyway.

2545 left ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

the original post was asking about Phantasm DJs as opposed to Phantom DJs.

meaning, who played the best records at the club on thrusdays, rather than who has the best show on the station.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

I think my favourite dj is fairly obvious

well, maybe I need to edit my post too ... but, in my defence, i always always read phantom for phantasm. bcos they're so similar like

i have a feeling that the music pearl plays on a sunday morning wouldn't go down very well at phantasm (although i'm sure she listens to music which is dance-y and rock-y and so on).

as for the actual point of this thread: i haven't been to phantasm for i can't remember when. sometimes i get confused as to when it's phantasm and when it's just the normal whelan's indie club night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 FlapjackJoe

Well, my bestest night @ Phantasm was a while ago when Jack Hyland were playing.

I must admit, haven't been there all that often... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

wow. ridicule's for mixing up phantasm with phanotm. i'm not the first and i wont be the last

well....ive only ever heard jack hyland and sinister pete.
    i don't know
    it's much of a muchness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

Thank you kind people for thinking of me.

Too right, most of what I play on a Sunday wouldn't go down well at Phantasm (unless Sigur Ros for a slow-set anyone?!) but I hope to be djing there in the near future and I can guarantee a rockin' set.

I think *all* the girls on Phantom are fab. Then I'd go for Cathal and Dara, both Fridays, and Dan on a Saturday.

• Advertisement

well, make sure you post here in good time before you dj at phantasm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I must say that jack Highland is the greatest thing that ever happened to thursday nights. i don't really like when sinister pete does phantasm, the stuff is a little to 80's for me some times.

go MOSS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

Sinister Pete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

SINISTER PETE AND JACK HYLAND ARE A FANTASTIC PAIR OF DJ'S!!

Although Pete should hand the phantasm reigns to Jack a little more often.

GO MOSS!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

larry gogan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 madeline

Jack has to be the best in my books although I did have a deadly time once when Tom E played so I'll vote for him also, he seems to be forgotten by everyone else or maybe it's because I was hammered that nite, it's all good:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

My vote goes to Sinister... mainly because he played Bon Jovi AND Spinal Tap last week! ROCK ON!!:p

just thought i'd say i don't like when Tom E. does it, i don't mean to be horrible or anything, but if he's doing the DJing i usually won't go. it's just not the kinda music i wanna hear.

sorry tom, i still think your cool though....

ps... GO MOSS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

sinister "great dj" pete wins hands down. who else would not only entertain, but grant my constant requests for stadium cockrock and 80's electro? oh, he is a blessing. it's always a sign it'll be a good night at phantasm when you catch a glimpse of him behind his musical altar, shining like the pillar of the community that he is. with the light in his hair and the girls by his sides, he reminds me of a young sinatra.

(something tells me i've gone too far... so...... goodbye.)

watch out pete, that shadow at your window at night isn't a tree.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Macseamusa

jack hyland is good. But pete reed is my fav at the monent cos he is the only one who can pronounce my name. Maybe all the text telling him how to say it might have had something to do with it........... oh well :)
    but then again graham o is fun to listen to cos it sounds like he is just shouting down the mic all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭karma kabbage

i have been known to do a twirl or two when mr. s. pete is playing his tunes. but i gotta cast my vote for jack anyday. the groove is much more powerful when moss is dj-ing. plays belle & sebastian tracks OTHER than 'legal man'.

Go team-moss go

Advertisement