Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Quarter Finals Weekend

• 08-03-2003 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Okay we're getting serious now and of the 8 left 4 are in the 1st divison
    which is great, esp as I follow Wolves
    (who I think stand a fair chance of getting past the Saints.).

The ties are

Today
    Chelsea - Arsenal BBC 1 teatime

Sunday
    Sheffield Utd - Leeds. Sun Morning
    Watford - Burnley. Luchtime
    So'ton - Wolves. Hight tea!

My guesses-
    Arsenal win
    Sheffield Utd win
    Burnley win
    Wolves win

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

i agree with all except so'ton -wolves.

Think so'ton will scrape that one.

Also hope Chelsea can do the business in an hour :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I agree with all but the Southampton result. I think they have a nice chance of sneaking to the fnal this year.

Depending on which Chelsea turn up this is not a cut and dry match. I still do not think that the arse defence is as tight as the positions they are in, if Gud, Hassel and Zola rise to the game the arse could have a problem.
    Then again I suppose they will turn around and beat them 4-0

I think for a season where they gave us great entertainment and hard work I would "love it" if Southampton got to the final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Arsenal 2 2 Chelsea

Great game, full of incident, Jeffers is an embarrassment I HATE divers, still he got a goal...As for Wenger maybe he is as arrogent as Fergie says, I'm mean taking off Henry was foolish even with Tuesday in mind. Now they've got an extra game they really did'nt need.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Jeffers is a cheat and he knows it. after a great start Arse pushed us back Henry was unbelievable although the equaliser should have been avoided.
    Lampard was brilliant defensively we can win the replay!!!!!!!!!!

Was quite an enjoyable match.
    I was raving for about 10 minutes after jeffers's dive. Was delighted when the peno was saved.

i had to grin at babyaros defensive clearance , if he'd just let it bobble on it woulda made it harder for jeffers to have scored it ffs ;) He kinda stopped it enough for jeffers to smash it home.

2-2 i think was a fair result but taking Henry off was suicidal.
    (however henry did look kinda tired when he went off, panting heavily, the lot) It meant Chelsea could push much further forward and not worry about his pace catching them on the break.

As a man u fan this was the best result, means an extra game for arsenal and hopefully they will lose that on penos :p

Was a tough game for Arsenal who face a revitalised Roma on tuesday after their thrashing of Valentia. (roma still got an outside chance of progressing, kinda like newcastle had ;) )

• Advertisement

Henry went off with a calf injury. I though Petit was immense and sven had to be impressed by Terry's perfomance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I repeat, "It ain't over until the fat lady sings" :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by mike65
    Arsenal 2 2 Chelsea

Great game, full of incident, Jeffers is an embarrassment I HATE divers, still he got a goal...As for Wenger maybe he is as arrogent as Fergie says, I'm mean taking off Henry was foolish even with Tuesday in mind. Now they've got an extra game they really did'nt need.

Mike.
    Henry was injured and he may now miss the Roma game. Wenger admitted after the match that Arsenal didn't do enough in the second half.

how long henry out for? :o

So then Blades smit Leeds, but Watford win over Burnley so my predictions are as woeful as ever! :D

Come on Wolves! Please....

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

fair play to Chelsea, deserved the draw, am delighted that the arse did not win it, sick of wengers arrogance.

I hope that Jeffers gets done by the FA, I am sick of the likes of him, Ashley cole, pires, rvn and beckham, any twat that dives should get banned.

Well done to sheff utd, when are they going to sack venables, I have him and wilkinson down to get sacked before end of season!! time is running out!

They can't afford to sack him

two flukey goals by Soton have put them into the semi the first one c'mon Murray should have done better.
    two players I'd like to see in a Chelsea shirt.

Michael Brown looks impressive everytime I've seen him and have been heavily linked with him.
    Fabrice Fernadez: Reminds me of Dan Petrescu good touch and his dangerous balls in the box and is quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Originally posted by yop
    ... sick of wengers arrogance.....

LOL pot calling the kettle black matey, Sir Alco gives classes in how to be a arrogant ba$tard :P

As for the game fair play to Chelsea, the Gooners should have had it wrapped up by half time, ah well at least we're still in the cup :p

Gandalf.

Boo Hoo Wolves had a poor one, but as all the best managers say "Now we can concentrate on the league!"

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Naturally I'm delighted that the Mackems are going to be relegated, but I doubt they'll sack Wilko as he probably has a nice payoff clause in his contract.

Plus, it seems pointless sacking him now that relegation is nigh-on certain, they may as well wait and see how he does in Div 1. Gets them relegated from that too, hopefully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

That Arsenal and Chelsea game was very entertaining. It helped consolidate my opinion that Jeffers is a cheating b****x and Cudichini is a class keeper. Some great saves from him. Especially that free kick at the end. Arsenal fooled everyone except Carlo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep jonno I agree with you Jeffers is dirty diving little tart the sooner Wenger gives him a kick in the nads the better for Arsenal.

Gandalf.

Advertisement