Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bye Bye digitiser

Options
  • 08-03-2003 5:20pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Probably the best piece of games journalism has just left our screens. It was one of the only places where the reviewers weren't bought of to give dire games high scores. The reviews may have been late but at least you could trust them unlike certain mags like the notorious PCGamer. It also didn't take things too seriously like Edge. And the sense of humour that I never really got sometimes. The news was always up to date though and it was one of the few places that didn't fire the legendary Stuart Campbell after 3 months.

Digitiser you shall be missed.

You were always far better than rubbish like Eurogamer.net :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Digi was fantastic. I'm amazed he got away with those Zombie Dave comments sometimes. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I preferred the tinmans slightly sexual innuendos and insincere dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's successor, GamesCentral, is being written my former EDGE editor and Digitiser columnist Tony Mott, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

D'oh, haven't read it in about 2 years but there were times when it actually made me laugh... out loud!

:[

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It was the only thing that made me laugh while eating my breakfast in the morning. I cuss you. I cuss you bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Skank!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Grrrrrr Frrrk Yrrrrsrrrrv

I just lost Channel 4 recently, but I thought only Mr.Biffo was leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

Digitiser was funny and will be missed

now press reveal for some snakes

snake9.PNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

You were always far better than rubbish like Eurogamer.net

Oooh, hark at her!

I never quite understood why Digitiser was meant to be so good. I mean it was FUNNY, but as a games news/review/whatever resource it was fucking shit really. And there are a lot of funnier things than it out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

It was always there, nice and free. It kept you fairly upto date about things when there was no intarweb and was something to look forward to reading after school or whatnot. When a 5 quid magazine was a big treat as a 14 year old, but a rarity, digitiser came in as a bonus. Haven't read it in at least a year though, been going downhill. The actual reviews seemed to be fairly dodgy, but he could still pick out some good stuff and the articles were pretty good and interesting for the space given imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement