Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explorer view as default?

Options
  • 08-03-2003 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I have a lot of shortcuts to folders on my desktop. Is there any way to get them to open in the explorer view as default? It's VERY handy!

Im using W2K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Afaik, if you set the shortcut to link to the windows explorer program, as opposed to the folder directly, it should work.

something like 'explorer c:\myfolder\' may work

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

That's what I thought. Doesn't work though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

This is for WinNT/Win2K.

Open Explorer and choose Folder Options from the Tools menu. Open the File Types tab and scroll down to 'Folder' (not 'File Folder') in the File Types column. Highlight it and click Advanced. Hit the New button and add an action called 'explore'. Hit the Browse button and navigate to explorer.exe, which is in your Windows/WINNT folder. Now highlight the explorer action and hit Set Default. Viola.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

Cool, thanks adam, it works. No way would I have figured that out myself. Google or no Google! :)

Advertisement