Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where you want to go to college?

Options
  • 09-03-2003 3:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

Also, why you prefer it over other colleges?

Where do you want to go to college? 35 votes

UCG (NUIG)
    0% 0 votes
    UCD
    11% 4 votes
    UCC
    11% 4 votes
    NUIM
    2% 1 vote
    Trinity
    0% 0 votes
    UL
    45% 16 votes
    DCU
    2% 1 vote
    Griffith College
    14% 5 votes
    IT
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    11% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

DCU, because I will be living about two seconds away from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

history in trinity...because its easier to get to / closer to town than ucd and the history department's meant to be better :E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

ucd, cause arts is 375, its nice and near, many of my freinds are going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

UL.

one of the best places for IT courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Cork I.T because the I.T courses are more practical then the ones in U.C.C.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

animation in DL.

cos the only other animation course is in Ballyfermot!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

UCD, because its got the course i want :) My second is NUI Maynooth, also jus because of the course they have- I have to admit though, I think the social scene in UCD would be pretty class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

well trinity has far more courses im interested in than any other college. if it wasnt for that id probably choose ucd, its nearer me for a start!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 marchanlon

Trinity: Reputation purposes entirely. Useful if I ever go to America to work etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Trinity. Cause I'm a pretentious git.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

AHHH! I knew this would happen! Why does everyone want to go to Trinity? It's such a stuck up place! And talk about anti-culchie attitude! (Subjects on offer aside) to me, DCU is the best Dublin college, with UCD second, I despise Trinity!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

God DCU is so fecking awkward for anyone on the Southside. Bah and the campus is fecking great aswell.

Tbh both colleges have a reputation thats not great

UCD-jocks
    Trinity-Snobs

Lesser of two evils is what you have to pick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Sir

To be honest i hated DCU when i started but now i think its great it really does depend on what you make of the place! I've gotten involved in way more activities this semester than i had done in semester one. It's unlike secondary school wherein the clubs/teams etc dont come looking for you to get involved you've to go after them. The more enthusiastic you are or the more willing you are to contribute the better you'll get on the more you'll get out of the whole third level experience
    DCU has fantastic sports facilities too the canteen is one of the most reasonably priced ive been in beating UCD for price any day!

So yeah hmmm...

That's about it i guess.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

cos the only other animation course is in Ballyfermot!

What have you got against ballyer?

The animation course there is brilliant, they use some great methods not used in other Uni's or colleges.

also it paves the way to go on and do stuff like Character animation CAD or game dev (Ludo & Ludo2)

I'm there at the moment and I think its a brilliant college, underrated by alot of people, making it better for the students there.

I chose BCFE over UL,NUIG and DCU/UCD/Trin.

Sure they didnt all have the course that im doing not, but i was going to do I.T, and thank god i didnt

U'LL SEE, ME WITH MY TVR WHEN I MAKE A GAME THAT EVERY1 MUST HAVE, U'LL SEE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

If your arty in anyway or looking at film/special effects/3d design etc i would recommend DLIADT (Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology).

They also run some computer, english and history courses. Its a good, tightly knit college.

I miss that place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

What have you got against ballyer?
    its a really rundown college and takes ages to get to from almost anywhere.
    The animation course there is brilliant, they use some great methods not used in other Uni's or colleges.
    i have personally read and studied every single piece of writing they offer, and i have worked with 10 people who went there (the animation course) for the last 4 years. And thier entire syllabus is the exact same used in Sheridan College Canada (down to the notes they get).
    also it paves the way to go on and do stuff like Character animation CAD or game dev (Ludo & Ludo2)
    Sure, so does dun loaghaire right?
    I'm there at the moment and I think its a brilliant college, underrated by alot of people, making it better for the students there. I chose BCFE over UL,NUIG and DCU/UCD/Trin.
    I have no doubt, i hear its actually great craic, and im not at all a stuck up, untalented art student.

Doodee, Im 17 and i have been working in the animation industry for 4 years, (commercially for 3). I have done every basic animation technique yonks ago. Im not gonna learn that much in college to be honest. Im not saying Dun Laoghaire is the best college, it just suits me given the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Trinity, also a git but tbh i wont be all that disappointed with my second choice DIT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Originally posted by Bottle_of_Smoke
    Trinity, also a git but tbh i wont be all that disappointed with my second choice DIT
    Interesting shane forgot ireland's biggest college in his poll. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

UCC because no where else has the course i want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

It all depends what u wanna do. I was in Ballyfermot & DLIADT last week for interviews & portfolio stuff. Dun Loaighre is a nicer college but i need to do a decent foundation course & apprantely ballyfermot is great for that. hopefully i get in now!
    I was really impressed with the animation course in ballyer compared to dun laoighre,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Trinners, cos its quite conveniently situated. Also everybody I know seems to be set on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

Trinity cus I'm doing CS and the idea
    of doing a CS course that doesn't
    require honors maths scares me.

I don't want to be elitist but i dont want to
    learn about computers with people who
    sat a maths exam with questions about
    cooking turkeys..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

You're mocking us, aren't you...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

Interesting shane forgot ireland's biggest college in his poll.

- If you mean DIT, I didn't forget! It's an IT, and I couldn't fit it on it's own. And for your information, the biggest college in Ireland ain't DIT! Guess which one is...

The University of Ulster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

Originally posted by Duffman
    You're mocking us, aren't you...?

hell yeah - you have to do "arithmatic"

Advertisement