Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB 2.0 HD Enclosures

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Marx Computers too i think, the last time i checked here its somewhere on the site, think in hard drives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

am interested in these as well.....more the external one....

So does anyone know of anyother places that sell these?

toil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Komplett do them. More info HERE

I got one of these myself, and it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Bio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭toil

yea that particular one is for a laptop drive.
    The 3.5" is way more expensive then peats,
    think am gonna go buy one 2mrw!

Yellum you get one of these? or anyone else?

toil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Getting one Saturday when I'm in dubland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Check out IT direct on Parliament Street, Temple Bar in Dublin - only discovered it the other day on way to pub... it looks like a totally new shop that's only half thrown together, but they had USB 2.0 hard drive enclosures for €88 or so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

Bought the 2.5" HD enclosure from Peats yesterday morning. Delivered this morning.

Works well with a spare 6GB disk I had lying about.

You just have to connect up to a USB drive if you have Win XP or Win 2000. Win 98 requires a driver (have tested on all 3 OS's).

The only problem I can see is that the power supply is through a PS/2 dongle which might make it slightly more cumbersome to hook it up to a friend's pc etc, but I'm on a laptop so it's fine for me. A mains power source would have been handy also, but for the price who can complain.

The USB 2.0 gives fast transfers and no problems using a USB 1.0 connection either.

I think I will invest in a firewire cable and try out my firewire port for the first time!

In terms of size, it is a bit too big too fit in the old pocket, which is probably a good thing as the pcoket is hardly the best place for it. The travel case is just a zip up cover that only has room for the drive and not the cables.

Ronan

Advertisement