Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waste disposal units

Options
  • 09-03-2003 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

thinking of getting one of these fitted when we replace our kitchen sink.

Has anyone ever put one of these in themselves or is it a job for a plumber ? I've never plumbed anything before (apart from fixing a misbehaving toilet cistern) so am not sure if I should take this on and seeing as I'll probably have to get a plumber in to fit a new sink I suppose I could get them to do it at the same time.

I've asked on the Green board about the pros/cons of this method of waste disposal - I'm hoping to cut down on the number of wheelie-bin pickups we do. We've already got a composter but there's still a good bit of waste that could go down a disposal unit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are these units connected to a bin or the drainage system?

What is the story about what types of waste you can put in them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

AFAIK they're only suitable for left-over food. (you can't put a lot of foods in composter in particular cooked food).

The unit chops/shreds what is put into it and it goes into the waste pipe coming from the house.

We had one in a flat a good few years ago and it was very handy.

Advertisement