Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cisco network design

Options
  • 09-03-2003 3:23pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭

A quick question.
    I have to design a network as a part of a project.
    The problem is I don't know enough about it.
    The network is for one company that has three sites. Two of the sites are about 1KM away from the main site and they have 50 users each. The main site has 100 users. They all have to have internet access, and broadband is essential.
    Each site has to have his own server.
    Most of the class are using cisco config maker to design the network and I want to use it to. The project along with many others has to be in by tomorrow.
    Any help would be greatly appricated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

You left it a bit late to start posting your homework :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

i could get it done by tomorrow, it's just that i have other projects to do aswell and i'm a bit bogged down. kinda forgot about this one until the last min. all i'm looking for is a bit of help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Not very familiar with the config maker, found it awkward to use when I was messing with it.

How in ever, as a general idea, you there are two failry obvious ways of doing it as I see it. ( i'm sure there are plenty of others )

The Large office has an internet connection, and the other two offices connect to it via leased lines, wireless etc.. A direct physical connection of some shape or form.

or

They all have internet connection, proportionate to their user size and they are connected via a vpn.

Gav

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Up late last night. The design turned out to be easier, but it was the cost analysis that proved difficult.

Advertisement