Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania main event next week?

• 09-03-2003 5:17pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Apparently since Brock Lesnar beat Paul heyman in a steel cage on last weeks smackdown he will now as a reward get angle for the title this coming week.

is this actually going to happen ?

I cant see the logic behind having the wrestlmania main event on smackdown - wont that seriously damage the appeal of the wrestlemania main event as well as the originality within the match itself

I heard Angle needs further neck surgery are the wwe going to have him lose the title before mania and change the main event for health reasons and giving next weeks smackdown as a sort of compansation for the fans while going easy on angle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

well as of today this is what is speculaetd for the build up to wrestlemania

1) Angle/Lesnar doesnt go ahead on Smackdown, as Angle has been warned that even one more match could really hurt him. So there is an idea floating around that Angle simply hands the title to Lesnar

2) A Lesnar/Benoit match happens on Smackdown with Benoit winning, thus forcing Lesnar to turn heel (this could work the other way with benoit turning heel)

3) A re match at Wrestlemania between Benoit and Lesnar, establishing one as a heel replacement for Angle

Personaly I think this scenario would make for some great TV as it will cover Angle and give the fans two kick ass matches (Smackdown and Wrestlemana)

Opinions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

any of the three outcomes would be f**kin great!!

benoit is one f**kin legendary wrestler!!

is angle definitley giving up 4a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DC

I'll miss Kurt if he has to give it up for a while. He is streets ahead of everyone else.

I would guess that if Angle only has the one match left prior to surgery that on next week's Smackdown, they will line up for the match, but Angle will get himself disqualified to keep the title with Team Angle beating the crap out of Lesnar until Lesnar F5's everyone and runs after Angle who gets into a limousine and screeches away ready for the real match at wrestlemania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

having just read the Smackdown spoilers - all I can say, we aer all going to be very disappointed with the Smackdown main event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

BL F5's KA as soon as he hits the ring
    Team angle distract BL, KA rolls up BL to win and retain title

... but we then find out that BL f5'ed Eric Angle instead

it adds strength to the claim that KA is in no condition to wrestle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Jimmy Joe Joe

Kurt Angle is STILL scheduled wrestle at the WM main event this month. After the match he will take time off to get his neck sorted. It doesn't look like he can take many neck/back bumps, and doctors have advised that he doesn't wrestle this match.

I don't know if they can get away whithout severly injuring/shortening Angle's career. Also with Angle's limited moveset (without snapping his neck), this match could really just be a quick effort to get the title onto Brock.

I assume that he won't have anymore in-ring time between now and WM to see how he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Apparently Kurt was gonna lose on tuesday night .. but he told them he would be ok at WM if he had no action before then ... (maybe something to do with a 350k payday ??)

so we will see our American Hero at WM afterall

.. oh and edge's surgury went as well as can be exepted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

The best outcome would be for Kurt to admit to been injured and to put the belt up for grabs,you could then have a knockout tournment with,the rock,brock lesnar,stone cold,HHH,undertaker and Big show.

That way we wont end up watching a crap match knowing Brock lesnar will win.

I remember it being done at Wrestlmania V11 and it was excellent.

P.s Stone Cold to win and get back his belt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

Damn thats a good idea Sposs but God Damnit why does everyone start getting injured as the story gets good. I been waiting to see the Lesnar/Angle match for months (as I posted here months ago) and now a stupid injury is going to rob me of an all out battle. pah.............:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by Sposs
    The best outcome would be for Kurt to admit to been injured and to put the belt up for grabs,you could then have a knockout tournment with,the rock,brock lesnar,stone cold,HHH,undertaker and Big show.

That way we wont end up watching a crap match knowing Brock lesnar will win.

I remember it being done at Wrestlmania V11 and it was excellent.

What was done at Wrestlemania 7? There was no knockout tournament. Are you thinking of Wrestlemania IV or Survivor Series '98?

• Advertisement

i think it was seven? it was a knockout tournment, macho man won the final against million dollar man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Nah, it was Wrestlemania 4 that had the tournament.
    One of my favourite Wrestlemanias. Classic.

Yeah, they should definately have tournaments more often: e.g. instead of handing HHH the World title, at least let him win it in a tounament instead. It would be a lot more exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

:o

I GUESS IM AN OLDIE,DERS NOTHIN BETTER DAN THINKIN BACK 2 D DAYS WEN IT WAS`NT A FINANCIAL SPORT BUT JUST 4 FUN,BAM BAM BIGILO,ULTIMATE WARRIOR,LEGION OF DOOM AND OF COURSE HULK HOGAN,I GUESS IM JUST NOT USED TO ALL D PRE-SET FIGHTS,YEARS AGO IT WAS STILL AT THE STAGE WHERE YA WHERE NOT SURE IT IF WAS REAL R NOT AND YOU GOT GRABBED BY THE THROAT AND DRAGGED IN2 2 WHOLE THING,D FIGHTS REASONS WHY DIS LAD HATED DAT LAD,BUT NOW ITS ALL BOUT D CHICKS WIT D BIGGEST BOOBS,BLONDEST HAIR AND THE MOST CLEVAGE THE SHOW,WHERES THE PLOTS ANYMORE?WHERES THE ROOTS?WHERES THE PART WHERE ITS SUPPOSED TO GRAB U BY THE THROAT AND DRAG U IN,I DONT FINS DAT ANYMORE?
    FECK I TINK ME IS DRUNK,BUT ALL DAT IS JUST MY OPION,ANY COMMENTS?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

did you send that in on a mobile phone. you have a keyboard, use it properly

oh jaysus dont tell me ure 1 of these lads dat takes offence to CAPS?sweet jaysus there only words and letters they cant hurt u,
    i no d net is dangerious but jaysus be real lol
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it is awkward to read when a post is all caps and letters are used instead of full words. that's all :)

oh jaysus dont tell me ure 1 of these lads dat takes offence to CAPS?sweet jaysus there only words and letters they cant hurt u,

Heres CAPS You'll Like

YOUR A MUPPET

Advertisement