Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVI to WMV

• 09-03-2003 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Any good programs anyone knows of? Tried Easy Converter AVI, but it was terrible. Im using Windows 98SE.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I don't know of anything that will do this, but may I ask why you want things in WMV format instead of AVI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

cos i have a bunch of simpsons episodes in avi and some others in wmv. the wmv ones are alot smaller in size and the quality isnt a whole lot different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.simtel.net/pub/pd/58950.html

download.com have tonnes of programs dont use any meself so cant recommend but i should have given you a MGI Video CD thats what i got the DV card with ,will post it on monday with DVDs.

Crap program but converts stuff.

kdjac

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Originally posted by Ruu
    cos i have a bunch of simpsons episodes in avi and some others in wmv. the wmv ones are alot smaller in size and the quality isnt a whole lot different

Recompress the AVIs with a lower bitrate with VirtualDub or similar - the file type doesn't affect the size of the file.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

It all depends on the codec used. Re-encoding is very slow and alot of hassle. Would getting a bigger HD be less effort?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's a piece of piss, and you can batch them overnight. ***.

Advertisement