Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Salon...

• 09-03-2003 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Someone asked some time ago why on earth people watch the office. I can understand why people don't like the office but I like it personally. Now I have a question for some people. If you watch the salon
    WHY?!

Honestly, why do you watch the salon? My mind boggles whenever I see it, it boggles to think of people sitting with their laptop pizza gawking at this... programme. Please enlighten me :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Well there was that topless blonde chick getting a massage - 'twas a thing of beauty - the E4 guy doing the voiceover at the end of the programme needed "cooling off". :)

Then the was the streaker they had. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

HUH! There's nekkyness?!!

Ahh you're using reverse psychology on me! I am not watching that program
    /me stamps feet like a little girl and scweams and scweams NOOE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Im no fan of these Reality TV shows as I find them boring, but I can understand why some people do enjoy watching them due to the voyer angle. The Salon I have to admit just baffles me. I think its the most mind numbing TV show I have ever seen.

Who the hell is sad enough to want to watch a group of gits working in a glorified Hairdressers? Like WTF? Where is the drama? Where is the hatered of each other or the back stabbing?

This show is the best reasion to take a walk or read a book or go to bed early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

some of the women are BOLDIES!!!!! imo the girl with the black and pink hair, whose your daddy???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

This show is the best reasion to take a walk or read a book or go to bed early

.....and have a ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

i guess some ppl think its good to have on in the backround if nothings on ... plus the lovley ladies....i find it boring though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

I watch it just beacuse of the Twins and Carina the Blond stylist oh suits you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

there must be a good few people watching it because Channel 4 have saud that they want more of the salon. personally i don't see the point in it

Originally posted by Gordon
    HUH! There's nekkyness?!!
    There was actually a booboo in the first(?) week when a guy was getting a massage and as he turned over and his towel slipped .... aghhhhh!!! My eyes they burn and its only 6 o'clock!
    Originally posted by Gordon
    Ahh you're using reverse psychology on me! I am not watching that program
    No, you don't watch, you see. You watch something interesting, watching is proactive, seeing is not. It's just the E4 button is between C4 and BB1 on the remote, thats the only reason I see The Salon (sometimes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Someone asked some time ago why on earth people watch the office. I can understand why people don't like the office but I like it personally. Now I have a question for some people. If you watch the salon
    WHY?!

Honestly, why do you watch the salon? My mind boggles whenever I see it, it boggles to think of people sitting with their laptop pizza gawking at this... programme. Please enlighten me

There are far to many of these so called reality shows,like the salon.the office and nieghbours on television at the moment.
    Now i am personally glad that the powers that be can find time in their busy schedules between snorting lines of cocaine to comission some Serious Doccumentaries like Driving School and Celebrity Fame Academy.
    But Enoughs Enough.

Yours A Disgusted Viewer

Tunbridge Wells

PS I Pay My Licence Fee

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Clintons Cat
    There are far to many of these so called reality shows,like .... nieghbours
    ??? :)

What is the funding / ownership arrangement for the C4 channels (other than the obvious ad.s, sponsorship and commercial activities).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I think this has the only thing going for it... (I was installing RealOne for a friend when I noticed this.....)
    Described as "The biggest boobs in Britain hang out in The Salon"
    0128_news_adeeday_thumb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

There are far to many of these so called reality shows,like the salon.the office and nieghbours on television at the moment.

The Office??? Reality Show???
    Neighbours?? Reality Show???

Me thinks that you’re taking the p*ss Mr . Tunbridge Wells!!! If that’s where you’re really from?? ;)

What is the story with all these “Reality TV Shows”???? I used to be a total TV addict years ago but TV really p*sses me off at the moment with these “Reality” genre shows!! The only one IMO that was any good was Castaway on BBC1. I think the reason for this is that when the Beeb do shows like these the tend to be of a social study type scenario.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

You're all fortunate enough to be given the choice as to whether you watch it or not. Thanks to E4 (aka "The Girlfriend Channel") piping the drivel into my home 24 hours a day (feels like it) I don't get a glimmer of what I want to watch. She-who-must-be-obeyed is obsessed with it. I tried to explain to her how unhealthy it is to work in a salon all day, only to arrive home and watch the same on television at night- all to no avail. She is well and truly hooked.

Personally I'm hoping the new receptionist 'goes postal' and beats that prick Ricardo to death with some curling tongs. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Personally I'm hoping the new receptionist 'goes postal' and beats that prick Ricardo to death with some curling tongs.

Now that I'd watch!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Christ, I'm a woman and I don't get it. It's the most mindless drivel on TV. Blah blah blah, I like your hair, blah blah blah, nice tan, blah blah blah.

Thank God ozpass is right though, I don't have to watch it. I used to watch E4 a whole lot more, just avoid the whole channel now because The Salon is basically on all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

its about time they made "Ladies Prison Aged 17-27 (no skanks) Uncovered 24/7". I'm biding my time till this show is made.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

amen caesar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It really wouldn't surprise me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Ever notice how most of the reality tv shows around now only started after The Truman Show came out? I smell a large lawsuit in the making.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

yeah, but the truman show derived from 1984, in a sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I'm still waiting for this reality TV show to begin...
    Trash.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

TBH, I can't understand why people like watching someone getting their haircut, unless their considering becomming a salonist themselves. The only thing I like about the Salon is the font they've used for the logo, it's called Nueropol You can get it at http://1001fonts.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

That font can`t be got at that dubious site, spywareplugins :(

Anyway The Salon is a good enough show, beats watching simpsons(on at same time 6pm)

Its easy viewing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Fidelis
    I'm still waiting for this reality TV show to begin...
    Trash.jpg

lol!:D :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

niiiiiiiice
    /vomit/

That's just god dammed ugly. Never thought I would say that about a semi naked woman but yer wan is rank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Maybe thats why she paid for her enhancements and was going to the "Salon" in the 1st place.... She is pretty skanky allright :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

IT'S OVER!!!!!!

Watched the last episode just for the sake of it. Must've watched at most 40 minutes of the thing throughout in total.

Thank gawd for that. No more ridiculous crap on telly yea...

...who am i kidding :rolleyes:

It is what it's.

Who ever though up the idea of that show needs to be hung upside down in a scorpian pit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Wouldn't get too excited. It's back in August ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Big Brother is due soon enough too. thank god for the long summer evenings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    Big Brother is due soon enough too. thank god for the long summer evenings

Around this time next month I beleive. Plenty of time for people to leave the country ;)

Advertisement