Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice wanted on Atv`s/Quads

Options
  • 10-03-2003 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of getting a quad for the Summer. Wanted 1 this yrs and have loads of fields and the cash so am thinking why not.

Anyway, im debating between the Hondas + the Kawasakis. I want either a 300cc 4*4 or the 400cc 4*4 models for the speed and cos the land they`ll be used on is rough + hilly. I drove the 4*4 models before,,,, R the 2 wheel drives easier to steer?

Anyway, im looking in the autotrader + cbg and am a bit surprised at the prices. `00 models are up on E5000 and E6000 which i thought a bit expensive. Had aimed for spending bout 3500E 0r 4500E. I plan on selling it at the end of the summer anyway so wudnt lose much. (About 3 or 400 at the most) so it`d be well worth it.

Can any1 give me info on which to go for. And should i buy privately or from a dealer. Any quad owners out there that can reccommend a dealer? Are there any Irish review sites on them on thenet. r they ny cheaper up the north?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Anyone at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Know nothing about them personally, but why not go down to your nearest adventure centre with Quads and ask them - they're the sort of people who would. And may have one for sale too.

Advertisement