Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with water cooling report please

Options
  • 10-03-2003 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was hoping if anybody out there could give me a little help with a college report i have to do on water cooling. I need a bit of information and maybe a picture or two! Basically i need to know the advantages and disadvantages of using water cooling, how it came about,what it was like to install, improvements noticed, (ie quieter then fan, or massive drop in temp, stuff like that)

About the pictures, if anyone could (or would like to show off there the insides of their new water cooled pc!!)please post them.

Any help would be great.

I'm sure ill have more questions, which i post when they come to me.

thanks again.
    tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ive it in my pc it is mutch quieter . tho in smaller pc's its useless due to bad airflow
    you will need extra fans in it and if you dont buy the quiet onces u will see that its louder then some other normal cooling solutions

ill get pics later .. i need them for myself

there is a load of places on the net with info on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

cheers for replying.

ive looked on the net but all i seem to find for the most part is product reviews or use this with this for best results. that kinda stuff.

what made you do it, and how much did it set you back?
    what kind of temp drop did you get-if you know.

thanks
    tom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

i done it cause the temp of the pc b4 the kit was way to high for my liking 62c . when i installed the wck it droped to max of 50

i know it would be lower if i had a propper case in it
    the kit i got was a low end kit but cost 170 i think . then i added 2 extraction fans to it at a cost of about 16 euros

i need another fan so thats another 8 r 9 euros

the sound of the computer tho i have to admit is the quietiest one ive been on .
    the water cooling kit was a bit tricky to put in but well worth it
    ill type more when i have the time in work at mo . ask ppc and vexorg they were very helpfull when i was getting mine

cheers again man.

thats a nice temp drop, i dont suppose you have one of those displays on your computer that displays the temp do you?

i look forward to reading your posts later on.

thanks again
    tom

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

goto www.overclockers.co.uk and the forum the overcloking forum and the case forum has plenty of wc rigs and set ups, ill be installing mine this weekend :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I also watercool meself . I noticed a temp drop of over 10 degree's for 50 - 40 on a 1900XP at 32 full load because me 2100Xps very cool. It is overclocked only a wee bit .(Core 1.725v @1950MHz.
    A run down of the cost of my setup is :
    Radiator €30 from a motorbike(hope to get a heatermatrix from a corsa)
    Pump €30
    Tubing + jubilie clips + expoxy €10
    Fans 2 120mm fans €20 (got one from a machine at work)
    Waterblock was free because i made it meself.
    Total €90
    Overclocking increased a good bit on me 1900Xp because i could put it at 1.85v and it was still only 40C.
    It should be a lot quieter because the pump shouldn't make noise if working correctly and fans are bigger so can run at a lower speed.
    A picture of me setup can be found here http://www.geocities.com/dr_babyeater , this is an old picture and my setup has changed a bit now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Tom's Hardware Guide posted a review of an innovatek kit that I found very informative, had a video too showing the install process.

Watercooling.de will also help you get a good idea of what it's all about and the various bits that go together.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Hope I dont sound like a teacher/lecturer, but why dont you just do your own work.

Hope I dont sound like a teacher/lecturer

you dont.
    but why dont you just do your own work.

i am.

i posted here as people have installed watercooling kits and i need some questions answered, and not from a manafactures point of view.

the report entails a lot more then what ive asked for here. ie the science behind it.

plus i knew zip about the subject, so its only natural to ask people who know.
    tom

Advertisement