Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mark this Forum Read/Subbed * not working

• 10-03-2003 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭

Guys,

The above features are not working. Everytime I come back to boards I see multiple threads as having new posts, including some threads I have started which have had no replies??, I have cleared all my cookies and re-logged in but to no avail? Also the * on the subbed menu do not clear (I presume they are related in some way)

OS = Win2000 SP2
    Browser = IE5

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, I tested this all morning and its working for me.
    Remember if you post a reply it will be considered a new post in the forum and so you will see a *.

Can you do this for me?

1. find a forum you are subbed to with a * by its name.
    2. Go to that forum and click the "Mark Forum as Read" link.
    3. check if that forum subsequently has a * beside it.
    (if it doesnt, all is well... if it does, then go to step 4).

4. Look to see if the forum still has threads with the grey square with a downward yellow arrow beside any of the top threads. (that indicates that VBB thinks they are new).

Remember also that we get 1 post every 30 secs now so some forums are very busy and regularly get new posts...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Thanks for that Dev. I have tried those steps but to no avail. I also have seen a number of threads on this and tried various methods of clearing it up. Have a look at the attached (3 zipped Jpegs) and note the times at the bottom.

Only 2 files in the above (File size too big) here is the 3rd

Guys,

don't know if ye made any changes but all seems to be ok today?? Is it just me??

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

its just you :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement