Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reducing images using PS - want to reti

Options
  • 10-03-2003 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

I am trying to use screenshots of Google & Yahoo for a brochure. The problem being that I need them much smaller then they appear.

Thus when i reduce image size (using Photyoshop), the text becomes blurred and non-legible. Anyone know how to get around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

I can only give you a few hints which will help, however it may be that you are simply trying to reduce the image too much:

Don't use jpeg's, use something like TIFF or BMP.

Consider reducing to 256 colours before you do the resize.

Use bicubic reduction in rgb mode.

The other option is to download an offline copy of the yahoo /google page you want and edit the html to change the font/size of the text on the page.

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

In the re-size dialog box, pick nearest neirghbour insteald of bi-cubic for the rendering algorithm.

Advertisement