Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for London gigs

Options
  • 10-03-2003 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

I'm hoping someone can help me out with information or contacts..

I'll be in London for April and I'm trying to find a few venues and open mic nights etc. where I can get gigs over there.

If anyone has ever played in London or has any advice they could throw my way I'd love to hear it.

Wembly stadium might be out of my league...
    Keith

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Wembly stadium might be out of my league...

Main room is closed for refurb i think, remember a great gig there in 93. STill sing about now down penistone rd!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

i'd recommend

the dog and bone, london street,

the horse and cart, picadilly square

the fart and deny, parlement street,
    and my personal favorite,
    the quiff and comb, cumcumber sandwich avenue.

in '86 i rounded off my world tour in 'the yorkshire pudding', a lovely spot near chelsea, but you're better offavoiding that, its a hive of cads and n'er-do-wells.

hope this helps, k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

Not too sure about places where they do the open stage thing and its a while since I played there last.

But i would say check out all the usual suspects in camden/kentish town i.e. The Dublin Castle,The Bull and Gate,and the Falcon.

A few others worth considering are the water rats in Islington and The Half Moon in Putney.

These places all seem to still be going but unfortunately I dont know if its that easy for a band from out of town to get a gig!?

Me and my bhoys are moving to London in July so it would be good to hear how the scene is these days.Keep us posted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭nessy

Ye can get gigs in the Bull & Gate all right.. but the whole set up aint great everyone gets 30mins on stage and if you do happen to bring a crowd - they want them out so they can get more in for the other bands/acts so you actually eand up with four different crowds in the venue on one night.. lovely!

At least its not as bad as my 'favourite' venue the Garage in Highbury...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sheff

, remember a great gig there in 93. STill sing about now down penistone rd!!

Yeah, the headliners were superb that day. Didn't think much to the support act though :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by nonemoreblack
    Me and my bhoys are moving to London in July so it would be good to hear how the scene is these days.Keep us posted!

i think every dublin band is moving over in july...

thats gas,

i'm the same keith, so let us know how u fare?

Advertisement