Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replays

• 10-03-2003 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

What do ye all think to this,
    Im an arsenal supporter myself, and i really dont think they shud be replays in either the fa cup or worthington cup??

Also did any1 hear the specalation that roberto carlos is alledged to be signing for the gunners when hsis contract ends with real madrid!!

C'mon the Gooners!!

Throw me up a few replys to that lads,
    Cheers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Don't know what to think of the Roberto Carlos rumour but as everyone knows the rumour mill be go into overdrive during the next fews weeks as the season closes so I don't tend to believe them until talks are held or contracts are signed.

As for replays, I was thinking the very same thing myself after the match. I'm still not sure but as it stands Im sorta against replays, especially at this stage of the season. It would be better to get the match over and done with on the day instead of prolonging the pressure and tiring out the players with extra games. I know it might sound unfair on teams having matches decided on penalties but maybe if they cut out replays and allowed an extra substitution or two during the extra time period so as to give both teams a second chance with fresh legs

Just my 13cent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Replays should stay as is , If Arsenal dont want extra matches they shouldnt be in the FA Cup.
    They should withdraw from it the Fa Cup is older than their successful few seasons.
    When Man Utd were winning everything and Liverpool didnt hear them complain about replays.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

[/B][/QUOTE]
    Originally posted by KdjaC

When Man Utd were winning everything and Liverpool didnt hear them complain about replays.
    kdjac

Youve got a selective memory there lad!

Ferguson was on tele every other week complaining about how many matches united had to play.
    Thats why united started the trend of using there reserves for Worthington cup matches.
    Tho they proved there first team cant win it either :)

As for liverpool, well they didnt hang around long enough in the Champions league, to appreciate how the extra matches puts pressure on players with the current Champions league format.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Agreed. Utd, liverpool and Arsenal have all previously complained about pressure from the volume of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

crying shame , if the game on saturday had gone to extra time i reckon chelsea would've taken ye , once henry went off with his horrific celery injuries ye stopped being a threat.

re. replays , I'm in favour as it gives you a second chance at the pie allows teams to change tactics for the away first leg, and tests managers abilities to juggle the squads around and be a bit more inventive.
    IMHO

Go on you blues :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

i like replays, means the clubs can take the match to their home ground and perhaps win it with the home advantage. Replays can earn the smaller clubs a fortune as well (god knows they need the extra dosh).

Leave em in i say, tho i was glad replies were taken outta the final. No idea wtf that was in there for :rolleyes:

Advertisement