Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Overall

• 10-03-2003 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

to be honest what i say of the waterford hurlers yestarday in laois,they really dont seem to be improving,i know they won but it wasnt a very good performance at all.

I have to say i dont think waterford will be going anywhere in the league or championship, which i myself dont like saying to be honest!

And as for the footballers, FORGET ABOUT IT!!,THEY MAY AS WEL JUST GIVE UP BEFORE THEY GET ANY WORSE!!
    WHAT YE THINK??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

Well as right as you may be. I hope the idea of giving up never enters their minds.

Every team has to start from somewhere. and if they fail at least thay can say..least we not from letrim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revelate

the footballers at least make the hurlers look good in comparison..

And at least we give it a go at senior football at championship level..we may get our asses kicked but we don't engage in the cowardice of kilkenny by not playing at all at all. We also unlike those from the other "city" in the south east don't terrorise young boys for playing said game.

Waterford got their first win in the NFL in 3 years against tipp a few weeks back. it's progress!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Losing to Dublin, bye bye Munster Championship!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think you are being far too negative. Waterford are Munster champions in Hurling for the first time in how long, yet their supporters are still being defeatist. Also a club team made it to the All Ireland Semis. So you lost a league game to the Dubs. Dublin footballers have been hammered by both Cork and Armagh this year but their fans are still fairly optimistic about this years championship. This is not down to naievity, it is down to experience and knowledge that the league is rarely an accurate indicator for the championship. I think you are seriously overreacting. Also the Dubs have already beaten a near full strength Kilkenny team in a provincial cup final this season. They are not the bag of sh*te you think they are. By the way I know they are not All Ireland champions elect either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revelate

we also lost to the Dubs in the league last year and look how the year turned out...first Munster championship in nigh on 40 years and an all-ireland semi appearance. it's not all doom and gloom yet. I know we've turned in some pitiful performances, even by the players' own admission, but we didn't play badly against Galway and we'll put in the performances when it matters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement