Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead rumours

• 10-03-2003 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Hearing rumours that Radiohead are set to play 2 nights in the Olympia in May. Aparantly tickets may not be availble via credit card....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

1.where did you hear that...and...

2. why not make them available via credit card, I'll be fu**ed if I'm queing all night to see radiohead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

They always sell tickets to their shows through waste so why would this be any different?

They always sell tickets to their shows through waste

whats waste????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Waste is the radiohead fan club/merchandise type site
    http://www.waste.uk.com/

ahhhhh, but, correct me if I'm wrong here, would you not need a credit card to purchase from waste, considering it's a website???

• Advertisement

Thats the point I'm making it said at the top of the thread that tickets would not be avalabile via credit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Maybe thats what is what the rumour is refering to then. Havent heard of WASTE before. Last 3 times they played here they sold tickets through usual outlets didnt they? Would much prefer to cut out the middleman (ticketbastard) myself.

edit/ It has just hit the news pages of www.hotpress.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Unknown

I don't have membership to Hotpress, but from what it says, it sounds like a comfirmation, which has gotten me really, really excited. I read in NME that a date for the club tour in the Belfast Waterfront was "90% confirmed". That got me hoping for a stop off in Dublin; seems like it will actually happen.

There sold on waste in conjunction with ticket master etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

wonder how much the tickets are going to be, there only 30 euro when there playin in sweeden but for what mcd are goin to charge id say we could pay for the plane flight there and back.
    just look at the price difference for paul mc carthy.
    paul mc carthy 30 euro in germany
    paul mc carthy 85 euro in ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

*gibber*

Oh God let this be true.

They've said that there'll be 500 weekend tickets available from WASTE for Glastonbury - all the other concerts are gonna be part of festivals: Hurricane, Rock Werchter and Southside in Germany, Hultsfred in Sweden, and Les Eurockennes de Belfort Festival in France.

The tickets for those are only available from the festival homepages and/or the Ticketmaster equivalents.

Not sure if I'd go to Belfast to see them - Euro/Sterling exchange would most likely induce a heart attack in me.

any idea when these acyually go on sale???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

What about Paul McCartney!?

hehe

Yeah W.A.S.T.E is the first place you will hear about anything to do with a Radiohead concert. I presume they will be available at the usual outlets. Gonne be a mofo to get your hands on one methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Which? The Dublin concert hasn't even been confirmed yet.

Here's the link for the European festival announcements.

Epitaph 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭drane2

Originally posted by artvandelay
    wonder how much the tickets are going to be, there only 30 euro when there playin in sweeden but for what mcd are goin to charge id say we could pay for the plane flight there and back.
    just look at the price difference for paul mc carthy.
    paul mc carthy 30 euro in germany
    paul mc carthy 85 euro in ireland

Actually the last time they played in Sweden (I was there!) it worked out at 32 punts, or thereabouts.

Advertisement