Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SVCD/VCD Problem

• 10-03-2003 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭

I have Tsunmai Filter pack, Nimo Codec pack, Elecard Player and pack.

Now the actual VCD will play (tis a svcd) but with some vcds you get the little row of x boxed which are white and one is blank in the top right hand corner of the screen.

The problem is that the box is jumping all over the place! sound is perfect as is Video, but its just a little annoying seeing this box jump all over the place.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what may be the problem?

Thanks,

Samba

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I used to get the same problem a while ago, I can't remember the codec name. I started to use TMPGenc for encoding and it works fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Get yourself a trial version of PowerDVD or windvd. I've tried them both with SVCD movies and had no problems with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

Have you tried Windows Media Player 9?

It is a lot better at handling codecs than WMP 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Downloaded a free trial and yeah it works alright, problem is though it should play fine in wmp, will have to do without.

Have both versions, it also does the exact same thing on the elecard player.

Advertisement