Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making win2k boot CD

• 10-03-2003 3:12pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right
    I have a Win2kPro CD but it won't boot from the CD when I want to install from it. (yes BIOS is enabled :-)

Anyway, in order to boot the CD, I have make 4 boot floppys from the the Win2KPro CD. I've tried to create a boot disk using Nero, but can't figure out how I can make it bootable.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

is this a backup of the original CD?
    if so you would need need to create an image of the CD then burn, as if your using nero and you just drag all files+folders in the box the bootable part wouldn't be copied

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its a drag and drop job, not a proper CD image :confused:

no other way to make it bootable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

well a drag and drop job will miss out(not even see) the boot section.
    Clone CD will sort ya out

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

yeah I know, but unfortunatly the orignal CD is dead as a door nail so can't clone it

if I had it, it would have been one of the first things I wou;ld have tried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Suppose you could download a bootable cdrom image from
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    and write it to a cd and then add the win 2k files to the cd after that. that would give you a cd that boots to DOS and you can run setup.exe from the i386 folder to sstart the installation.

Or the way i do it is use a win98 boot disk and then run the setup.exe from the disk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Follow the instructions on this site.
    http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/#w2k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

Originally posted by Frugu
    that would give you a cd that boots to DOS and you can run setup.exe from the i386 folder to sstart the installation.

run winnt.exe from the i386 folder :)

renton

Advertisement