Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATIpaxx asking for Cd ?

• 10-03-2003 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Everytime i try to use Dxdiag or advanced display on her pc with ATI 7000 VE i get this "cannot read from CD" error.

I installed Directx 9 from a game cd the other day and ever since then it asks for that cd every time i want to change a setting.

Anyone know a regkey or way to edit this to stop it?
    Reinstalling ATI control panel doesnt help and i dont want to reinstall windows to get rid of dx9.

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭SemperFi

Try copying the dx installation file to your c drive and installing it from there.

The problem is not your ati drivers or your OS. If you reinstall this way the reg settings will be changed to reflect the new settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Thx

Seems to have stopped ,i didnt do anything but its working fine now ,was annoying in game changing a display setting and then getting hundreds of insert cd errors.

kdjac

Advertisement