Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 out this year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

No developers have gotten development hardware yet and its gonna be at
    least 18months after the first devel kit is given out before the ps3 is
    released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Bloomberg are a reputable source though. However you are right, it is most probably bs.

The full war is raging at slashdot

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I'd say all that factory is working on is a PS2 in a different/smaller box. They could not possibly release the PS3 this year, or even next year as there would be no games for it.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i think the chances of that being true are slimmer than heidi klum.

there is still at least 1 to 2 years left in the ps2. we will see an xbox2 before the ps3 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

if they did it would feck up their ps2 sales, they already have a lead over microsoft sales wise, so they'd be pretty stupid to threaten that (like how nintendo didn't announce the advance sp till after christmas so the originals sales wouldn't be affected....).

It would also suck for consumers having to buy a new console every 2 years. PC anyone ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

It's nonsense. What Teeth says is most likely - that it's a PS2 Mark Two that's being worked on, in a redesigned case.

Developers have not been given specs for PS3, never mind test hardware.

It won't be out until the end of 2004 in Japan at the VERY earliest, most likely mid-2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Games TM, reported that it is likely we will see PS3 in 2006 although perhaps that will be brought forward to compete with XBOX2 which will appear in 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

ps3 out this year

yeh so is TF2 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

Originally posted by Big Chief
    yeh so is TF2 :rolleyes:

Says it all really :) Good one.

probably something in response to microsoft making a new smaller xbox ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

xbox 2 and ps2 will be out in 2005 no earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

when is the ps2 harddrive coming out or has that idea been scrapped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

i read somewhere that the ps3 will be equivalent to 100 pentium 4's :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭pfitz

sony have deny this
    its bull****

maybe if they added the power of all the ps3's together....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

.... They could create a super monkey to rule us and teach us how to act in the best manner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

manwiththeplan is kind of right.....my brother (visit www.phorest.com!!) has links with lots of people and yesterday i was talking to steven collins (the master of Havok physics) in dublin and we got onto this subject - the ps2 has a dual processor setup and apparently the ps3 will have 4. yes 4 processors. because havok are going to be the main physics people for the games for sony etc they get their mits on them before lots of people and apparently its gonna be hard as hell to code with....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

there is still at least 1 to 2 years left in the ps2

If the PS1 is anything to go by, I would think its got a good bit longer than that left in it.

Its still going strong and the full graphic potential has not been reached yet, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki
    Its still going strong and the full graphic potential has not been reached yet, IMO

I think it has, and this is obvious by such games as The Getaway, that take so many short cuts to try and push the detail around.

Silent hill 3 will probably the best looking game we will see for it.

What the PS2 needed was proper filters and more graphical tricks like bumpmapping to give it an edge in its graphics. Look at Rogue Leader on GameCube, all the little tricks it can do so easily that make it look that much better, and it still goes 60fps!

But then again, if the game is good, who gives a f**k!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Yep, graphics should always come after the other judgement criteria in a proper game review, but always are a plus.

I dont think Gran turismo 3 (or 1 + 2!) would have sold as well with bad graphics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

The PS2 was over two years to late so I wouldn't beleve it just yet as it was just a marketing ploy to make people wait for the consle (another 3 months another 3 months another 3 months) to stall sales of rival consoles. First Dreamcast now X-box. Sony are just trying to trick people into waiting and not buying a rival product.

Well thats my thoughts on the subject anyways.

Advertisement