Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ire vs N. Ire

Options
  • 31-03-1998 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

I think we should get a national game going, and probably a good one to start with would be against the Northern Ireland team (if there is any)
    I can't think of any other countries that might have a beatable team..
    what think you?

-Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

: I think we should get a national game going, and probably a good one to start with would be against the Northern Ireland team (if there is any)
    : I can't think of any other countries that might have a beatable team..
    : what think you?

: -Dave

Bugger Northern Ireland. lets go and humiliate ourselves by playing Sweden, UK, Germany, Finland, Denmark and Holland all on the same day before the summer holidays arrive. We ought to be able to scrape a 16 player or 2 8 player teams together.

: I think we should get a national game going, and probably a good one to start with would be against the Northern Ireland team (if there is any)
    : I can't think of any other countries that might have a beatable team..
    : what think you?

: -Dave

Check out http://www.dnet.co.uk/niquake/ > they have some kind of
    compo this month in the EuropaHotel in Belfast, maybe we should send a team
    (I'd be interested in the CTF side anyway), what do yas think.

Gandalf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

: Bugger Northern Ireland. lets go and humiliate ourselves by playing Sweden, UK, Germany, Finland, Denmark and Holland all on the same day before the summer holidays arrive. We ought to be able to scrape a 16 player or 2 8 player teams together.

Damnit yea
    lets go get our ar-es kicked in every one of those countries AND MORE! if some of u are tp p-ssy to go i can get some ppl, we already get humiliated enuf at home, why not do it outside
    also after what happened to GI with BD i think its time we got our acts to gether and learned how to play REAL quake like they do !!
    later
    SeP

PS, isnt this sensor thing a little cr-p (see what i mean, cant even say ar-e ther we are again........)

I guess it has to be lpb's playing in Internationals - well most people know who the best lpb's are - (zero, bunny, cloud, mouse, overlord, krusty, reaper, Ser).

Maybe more manageable teams might be:

N.I., Scotland, Wales, France (never heard of any french quakers)?

and then you could move in on the list above.

EWJ

: I guess it has to be lpb's playing in Internationals - well most people know who the best lpb's are - (zero, bunny, cloud, mouse, overlord, krusty, reaper, Ser).

Not this high pinger low pinger thing again. Ser is a high pinger but gets to play as an lpb from UL and UCG. Therefore so can other top high pingers like Tomb etc. Being LPB is no guarantee of being the best. Lately, the best high pingers have been kicking some great LPB's around. Anyway it's not 1 on 1, it's team DM. Subtle difference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement