Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internut Explorer

Options
  • 10-03-2003 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

ok. lately(in the last month or two), whenever i click on a link to download something, the file download box comes up, but the browser window closes behind it and its really starting to bug the sh*t outta me. now maybe its just me and i haven't found the setting to switch this off yet... or there's a bug in IE or its conflicting with something???

i've got Win2k SP3, IE5.5....

anybody got any ideas what this is?? comments and suggestions much appreciated.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Try going to add/remove programs in the control panel.
    Double click on the IE option and choose either repair or restore.
    Should fix it, either that or a reinstall of Ie altogether

Hope it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

had a go at that and it didn't quite work out for me so i installed IE 6 while i was at it. not exactly what i wanted but at least the browser stays open now. :rolleyes:
    thanks for the reply anyways Frugu.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

No problem ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

you could of just right clicked and 'save target as' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

it could've been just a few kilobytes too and i just wanted to open it!! :p it was just more annoying than anything else. doesn't matter now anyways, problem solved! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement