Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who misses the MTV Unplugged Sessions?

Options
  • 10-03-2003 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭

Remember the good ole' days? when Men were men, and MTV gave airtime to the Unplugged sessions?

So what was your favourite one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

REM, Nirvana, Bjork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

nirvana were awsome unplugged

other cool ones were alice in chains, eric clapton, rem and others i cant think of

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Pearl Jam were pretty good unplugged also. And part of Oasis had an unplugged session too.

Even showing the repeats would be nice. An Unplugged Weekend! Would be better than some of their current themed weekends! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

Have they finished the sessions? I'd love to get one out of U2! Have they ever done one? Yeah, I agree, a weekend of non-stop unplugged!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Nirvana Unplugged is my favourite

as for new ones. i am pretty sure they are still doing them in the States. if MTV UK and Ireland were to show one it would probably need Britany Spears or some other load of rubbish to get airplay

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Favorites would have to be Nirvana, Eric Clapton, REM, Paul McCartney and Lenny Kravitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

dunno if this is where it came from but a big mixture of them were on last night at about 1 it was great to see some of the old stuff again

bjork-human behaviour
    and
    eric clapton- layla

etc. etc.

really good they should defo be brought back, anything to replace "becoming" the most embarrassing show ever

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Yeah MTV was great in the early ninties.
    Nirvana Unplugged and Eric Clapton are my favourite ones definatly. Especially the way Nirvana played about two of their well known songs, but everyone still thought it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

last night mtv played the unplugged videos to all the songs on the new "Unplugged Volume 2 CD" thats just been released. It was on pretty late (1am-ish i think) but it was really good. bjork was cool, and the cranberries 'zombie' was great.

the actual track list is pretty weak, but some great unplugged performances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Bjork, Neil Young and REMs sessions were the best imo..
    never really like Nirvanas attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Neil Young did his twice didn't he cos the first was so crap or something ?

I'm sure its VH1 is doing the unplugged sessions now and they are still happening, but we never get to see them. Pity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

yeah but the first one was never aired or released ...that's probably happened with other artists aswell, they do several takes of some songs etc.. blah blah blah ..

Advertisement